Pearlescent Airbrush Color From Decopac

Decorating By bearcreek350 Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 4:04pm by sweetcakes

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 7

I got some of the pearlscent airbrush color from DecoPac and it clogged up my airbrush! If it is for airbrushes, shouldn't it work? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you handle it. Do I need a bigger tip for my airbrush or can you dilute it a bit to make it work? Any help would be appreicated. I need to spray it on a cake in June and I want to work out the kinks now!

6 replies
ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 7

That is strange I have never had that problem with the product and I have used it alot. Did you shake it up well before using?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 7

Actually the Luck's clogged my airbrush.I threw it out! I now only use Americolor sheens.

ssunshine564 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 7

I prefer Americolor sheens too. They are the best.

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, I shook it really well. I didn't realize Americolor had sheens! I use all americolor colors, but haven't had to buy any in awhile. Where do you get your colors from?

ssunshine564 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 7

I get my colors from www.globalsugarart.com and www.intotheoven.com

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 7

make sure you shake it well before hand and spray as soon as you pour it into your airbrush. once it sits still the particals will start to sink to the bottom. if your using an aztec with the interchangable tips you may need to use one for a thicker medium.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%