pipe-dreams Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:15am
post #31 of 58

Tantalizing..that cake is so great! It looks SO realicon_smile.gif

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:20am
post #32 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketgirl899

one day i will read the gourmet flavors.. .i jumped in right away... but wayyyy to many pages to go through. I wish i could just skip to the really great stuff... like recipes. hehe.

night girls!

Tonight is your lucky night you can go directly to the recipes the link is in my signature line. Have fun!!

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:33am
post #33 of 58

Well, I'm up, but I just can't sleep. I don't know what it is about the seasons changing to warmer weathers that keeps me up. ugh!

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:35am
post #34 of 58

Tammy, I could kiss you right now icon_razz.gif
You don't know how long I spent *copy, paste, copy, paste* on that thread. I finally gave up when the thread took to long to load, and I kept getting an error message! Thank you, thank you, SO much!!

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:41am
post #35 of 58

I'm working on my MIL's Wizard of Oz b'day cake for tomorrow.

It originally started out being a topsy-turvy but ended up being a regular stacked cake. I tried stacking them as the topsy and the cut sides bulged and the fondant tore...just a plain disaster. I just took off the top two slanted layers on each tier so I wouldn't have to re-bake.

For those of you getting ready to do your topsys - make sure you carve out the exact size, maybe even a little bigger. Maybe your cakes won't end up like mine.
Good luck!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:43am
post #36 of 58

SHog, chocolate and banana YUM. My favorite flavor combination. Makes me wish TGIFridays still made their Monkey Bite drink mix. Banana chocolate that you could mix with whatever alcohol and some ice and make a blended drink. YUMMY!!

Sweatpea, no I didn't have a funeral for my poor little bear. BTW, I LOVE your little animals. They are all perfect and absolutely adorable. I would be sad to part with them too. I'll have to bookmark this thread, or your photos, so I can check them out when/if I have to do any animals.

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:48am
post #37 of 58

I too was copy pasting, I think I ended up confusing myself and then finally gave up.

tammy712 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:49am
post #38 of 58

bamcakes your welcome! Have fun with it!

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:54am
post #39 of 58

Thanks bamcakes. I watched the video posted earlier, and some others on youtube and read some other threads for advice. Just trying to make sure I don't scare myself out of making it!!

I read (getting late now, may have even been in this thread...) that cakes have to be 3 in difference min in diameter. That makes sense, otherwise when you carve out that middle part, your remaining side part isn't sturdy enough to stay in place. Do you think that's why your sides wanted to bulge?

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:04am
post #40 of 58

That's probably why mine bulged. I didn't see that part about the 3 inches. No wonder. Sheesh! I guess I need to look to more than one tutorial for info from now on. Or ask more questions. You guys are great!

Now, back to the cake from hell!

bizatchgirl Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:10am
post #41 of 58

I just saw the 3in thing tonight too. I don't have the right pans to even go w/3 in difference. I think I'm going to do 10in, 6in, and maybe like a small wondermold shape on the top, possibly carved into a 3in round type shape, possibly just left as is.

It's just really going to mess me up for servings and I don't really want to try to cut down a 6in to taper the top for the mini, but I really want the look of a 3 tier and no way am I making the 10in the middle tier and putting something underneath that. That would just be an insane amount of cake.

Maybe I need to take a look at my oval, maybe it will go under the 10in...I don't know just rambling now. Free association writing icon_cool.gif

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:12am
post #42 of 58

I just finished up some petit fors for tomorrow. Working on dusting some seashells for a wedding next week. Sweetpea....love, love, love your animals. Very cute. Hope everyone has a great night.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:18pm
post #43 of 58

tammy712,
THANK YOU! I really appreciate all the time it took for you to do this, it's great & so full of recipes I don't know where to start first.
Thanks,
Nancy

tammy712 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #44 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnancy

tammy712,
THANK YOU! I really appreciate all the time it took for you to do this, it's great & so full of recipes I don't know where to start first.
Thanks,
Nancy

newnancy
Thanks but I didn't put together the google doc. that is all the work of sayhellojana here on cc. I just carry it along with me so I don't lose it.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm
post #45 of 58

Tammy, appreciate you passing the Gourmet Recipies Google Doc. I also started cutting and pasting, but stopped following the thread after I had copied 10 recipies or so.

I <3 CC!

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:25pm
post #46 of 58

Tammy, thanks so much for the link to the recipes, really appreciate the time you took to do that!

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #47 of 58

Tammy and sayhellojana...

THANK YOU!!!! muah

tammy712 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaBakes

Tammy, thanks so much for the link to the recipes, really appreciate the time you took to do that!

Thanks but I didn't put together the google doc. that is all the work of sayhellojana here on cc. I just carry it along with me so I don't lose it. hehe

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy712

Quote:

one day i will read the gourmet flavors.. .i jumped in right away... but wayyyy to many pages to go through. I wish i could just skip to the really great stuff... like recipes. hehe.

night girls!

Tonight is your lucky night you can go directly to the recipes the link is in my signature line. Have fun!!

WOOOOHOOOO! My lucky night (day) too. So glad I read this thread. I was up last night "helping" my neighbor with a wedding cake. (Helping=Doing) But we had a good time.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #50 of 58

Tammy

thanks so much. I was getting a little overwhemled buy that thread. icon_eek.gif

I noticed a couple ingredients I'm not familiar with. Does anyone know what Frostin Pride and Bettercreme are and whether there is a common substitute?

thanks again

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:48pm
post #51 of 58

I'm sorry, I thought I had said thank you to sayhellojana too. Hadn't been awake long, lol! Thanks so much to both of you!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #52 of 58

tammy712,
Well thanks for carrying it, I probably would never have found it. I'll have to thank her also.

sayhellojana,
Thanks for putting it all together, it's wonderful.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 10:18pm
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy712

Quote:

night girls!

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg thank you thank you thank you thank you. Copied and saved to my comp!!!!

ahh so excited icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ok breatheeeeeeee

tammy712 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:32am
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

Tammy

thanks so much. I was getting a little overwhemled buy that thread. icon_eek.gif

I noticed a couple ingredients I'm not familiar with. Does anyone know what Frostin Pride and Bettercreme are and whether there is a common substitute?

thanks again

From what I understand cool whip or dream whip are substitutes. I can't find bettercreme or frosting pride in my area of iowa. Bettercreme and Frosting pride don't have to be refrigerated but cool whip and dream whip do.

nannie Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:59pm
post #55 of 58

Tammy,

so cool whip replaces Frostin Pride, and Dream Whip replaces Bettercream?

sorry to be so dense icon_redface.gificon_confused.gif

I'm not one of those creative, experimenting bakers, I have to follow recipes....... exactly

tammy712 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #56 of 58

Nannie you can use either one to replace the bettercreme or frosting pride.
Im adding a link for Melvira's Bettercreme thread she explains what and how to use these items. Goodluck and have fun!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=601193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

nannie Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:22pm
post #57 of 58

I see now.

thank you so much for all your help

You're a sweetheart icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tammy712 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #58 of 58

Your welcome! And thank you I try to help when I can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%