How Do I Fix This? Buttercream Dream Cream Cheese?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 3:21am by icer101

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:46am
post #1 of 16

ok so I've kinda screwed up....I was supposed to make vanilla cupcakes and I put vanilla caramel coffee creamer in them....I think that part is ok..it's not overpowering or anything....

Other problem - I just made buttercream dream icing and I think the icing my friend had tasted (like 2 years ago) was cream cheese icing - could I add 8 oz of cream cheese to buttercream dream and be ok? It doesn't need to crust or anything - it's going on cupcakes. What do you guys think?

I have two packages of cream cheese - should I add both? Add none? or start over? (I really really don't want to start over...)

15 replies
tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:55am
post #2 of 16

I am no expert here,but I use BC dream all the time and when I do make cream cheese I use both butter and shortening.So I wouldnt see the harm in adding the cream cheese,maybe add a little more sugar,start with one cheese and if it needes more add little more at a time .Just a thought,hth

Stephanie

imartsy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:02am
post #3 of 16

Keep your fingers crossed... I'm going to try it. Shoot and I didn't charge for buttercream icing...oh well it's a friend and I did kinda screw up the cake flavor a bit - I don't think she'll notice - it was 2 years ago that I saw her and she actually ate the cupcakes I made for a Christmas tea....

LESSON LEARNED: always write down what kind of cake and what icing you used when you take the picture of the cake! That way if someone says "ooh that thing you made two years ago...." you know what it was.

SECOND LESSON: when you do remember to write that stuff down - CHECK it before you go "hmm I think that was this flavor..."

They are yummy either way.... but still I feel like an idiot.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 16

Buttercream dream cream cheese sounds yummy! How much cream cheese did you end up putting in the icing?

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 16

What is "buttercream dream"? Is it b'c using Dream Whip and how does one make that?

tenleysmommy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 16

You can find it in the recipe section,it is so good and it crusts well.I would love to know how the cream cheese version turned out?

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 16

same question here: what is buttercream dream icing???

tenleysmommy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 16

here is the recipe link http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2123-0-Buttercream-Dream.html

No dream whip just butter and shortening and sugar

imartsy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 16

Buttercream dream is awesome - I use it all the time. Haven't tried the dream whip stuff.

I added 8 oz of cream cheese. I don't think it would crust - but it was really yummy and perfect for cupcakes icon_smile.gif And I keep eating it out of the bowl of "leftover" icing.... ooh sooo good but sooo bad for you.....

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 16

per someones suggestion on here... i make the buttercream dream with the pack of dream whip. soooooooooo... delicious.. its wonderful without the dreamwhip.. but so scrumptious with it..try it . along with the cream cheese.. haven,t tried the cream cheese in the buttercream dream.. now i will.. hth

cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 16

Yes -- buttercream dream is amazing! I use it all time. It's good enough to just eat all by itself! You should DEFINITELY try it!

tenleysmommy Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:45pm
post #12 of 16

icer101 how do add the dream whip in?It sounds like something I should try!

imartsy Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Yes -- buttercream dream is amazing! I use it all time. It's good enough to just eat all by itself! You should DEFINITELY try it!

Yep and that's the problem with it too! Leaving enough to frost the cake with.... LOL

cylstrial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:55am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by imartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Yep and that's the problem with it too! Leaving enough to frost the cake with.... LOL

HA!! That's too funny!! But SO true!!

cylstrial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenleysmommy

icer101 how do add the dream whip in?It sounds like something I should try!

I'm not Icer, but I thought I'd answer your question.

I mix the dream whip in my powdered sugar with a spoon and then dump the dreamwhip/powdered sugar into the crisco/butter mixture all at once. Hope this helps!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #16 of 16

cylstrial, that is exactly how i do it .. thanks for posting.. didn,t see this thread again until tonight..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%