Rice Krispie Treat Mickey Head

Decorating By grace4boys Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 4:20am by juleebug

grace4boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grace4boys Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 3

I have made a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake and I'm in the process of assembling it. The problem is this...I make the head with Rice Krispie Treat and covered w/roayal icing and then with two layers of black fondant so it would look smooth. I have to attach it the half circle cake (the bottom of the clubhouse) with a large dowl with part of the dowl showing...I'm afraid that it won't hold b/c of the weight.

I also made the mickey glove out of fondant and have to insert into the cake with a large dowl and I think that it will tip over. I have put a lot of time and $ into this cake and would hate for it to fall apart this late in the game. BTW this is for a customer's son's 3rd b-day. I'm thinking I'm going to assemble much of it on-site to prevent damage in travel. Any advise to prevent a dissaster?

2 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 3

I have one in my photos that I did the same way. My cake board was plywood which I think helped. I made sure to use a long 1/2 dowel for the head. I used the same for the hand. I never had to transport it but it stayed on my kitchen counter for three days (and lots of little hands poking at it!) without a problem.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:20am
post #3 of 3

Would there be any way to thread a nut (from a bolt) onto the dowel then place a cake circle, cut to the size of your head and hand) on top to support the weight? The nut should hold the board in place and the board will prevent the nut from coming in contact with the food.

Hope that makes sense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%