Pink Cake Box On Food Network

Decorating By susanscakecreations Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 7:01pm by Justbeck101

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:10pm
post #121 of 233

Is everyone PMing each other right now or is this topic just dead now?

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:23pm
post #122 of 233

Okay, I have to say it.....I can't keep it in any longer....and I'm on a BIG DIET so no cake balls to stuff in my mouth to KEEP me quiet! LOL

I'm sure Kerry is a nice person. She seems very professional and REALLY capable, okay? BUT, Buddy does flowers (and Buddy you ARE the MAN when it comes to gumpaste flowers); josh does piping (I think we can all agree...he ROCKS!); jason does flowers as well and they are INCREDIBLE. Yet, Kerry always wants them to do "something different" because they are stuck in a rut. Okay, what "I" want to say EVERY TIME she says this is..."Kerry, I'd like to see you do your hair a different way. You are in a REAL RUT!" But, see? Obviously she likes it that way. So what is the problem? These guys are great at what they do.....I say....let 'em DO IT TO IT! As my dad used to say!

Beth in KY

Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:29pm
post #123 of 233

Maybe the producers tell she has to be more critical and so that is just something she says? Sometimes they make her out to be like the Food Network "Simon" judge. Everyone that has met her is saying she is really nice.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:30pm
post #124 of 233

I think Buddy will make for some interesting Cake TV.

Cake making isn't all tra la la happy happy , Yay I'm making a cake.

It is stressful and demanding, and sometimes I just want to cry. But in the end I would like to give the bride what she wanted, but wouldn't want my name on something I wasn't proud of making.

There is a fine line between what the bride wants and creating something you would be proud of. But in the end I have creative control of what I make, and if my vision and the brides vision aren't cohesive maybe I am not the person to make that cake.

I really don't think if this wasn't a cake challenge where the brides were assigned a cake artist, they would have chosen those people to design their cakes.

and Buddy - do us Cakers proud and go kick some reality TV butt!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:30pm
post #125 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyV

hi kelly i do respect your opinion and if you do not have to like me or not it really does not matter . the reason i did pink instead of red was because it was a garden wedding and i did not see red flowers in my visionand you should respect my opinion on that. yes i had red dust and could of used it but first off in challange it is all about time management and final product i was not going to give creative controll to anyone and i had good results with it. second it would of took double the time to paint all those flowers red and i have learned to use time management right in challanges third off there would of been red dust all over in that 2 by 2 kitchen and did not want to get it all over the cake. so no i am not a flower nazi i have been around the block a couple times and i did not want to screw up. but you sound like a know it all so i am sure you new all this. remember the bride is not always right and some times you have to step in and state your opinion and you know what they usally listen . at the end of the day it is your name on the cake and if the bride wants a ugly cake with crazy colors i will make as long as she pays but i will say my opinion so when i look at it i know i tried.

buddy

Hi buddy,

I never said I didn't like you. I had a different view from the others here, surely that doesn't make me a "know it all". It just means I had a different opinion, that's all.

You have to admit the way the FN portrayed you in that episode, it came off like you had no intention of doing the flowers in red as the bride requested. We don't see the "off camera" discussions. I appreciate you clearing that up for us.

niliquely you're funny.............. icon_smile.gif I really didn't think that my statements were that controversial or interesting.

I'm pretty sure Buddy is a "straight shooter" as I am.......we'd probably get along just fine, no BS or sugarcoating. I wouldn't want somebody to be dishonest with me just to boost my ego, that's not what I'm about at all.

I completely respect his work and as I stated in my first post, his cake was beautiful and deserved to win.

It is disappointing that the Food Network portrays the contestants in a negative way, there seems to be an awful lot of that lately.

BTW Buddy........something I do wholeheartedly agree with you on are your remarks about the judges. I find your view on them utterly refreshing icon_biggrin.gif You see, I like a straight shooter!

Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:34pm
post #126 of 233

[quote="dkelly"]

niliquely you're funny.............. icon_smile.gif I really didn't think that my statements were that controversial or interesting. [quote]

It was interesting to me...too much FN I guess...I am creating my own little drama here! Plus I'm bored because it is blizzarding here and I am trying to get to 100 posts. There. I've said it.

Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:35pm
post #127 of 233

Okay, I screwed that up. Sheesh...I suck at posting!

JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm
post #128 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

Plus I'm bored because it is blizzarding here and I am trying to get to 100 posts. There. I've said it.

1 more post and I'm there ! Hooray!!!!!!

JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:38pm
post #129 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

Plus I'm bored because it is blizzarding here and I am trying to get to 100 posts. There. I've said it.

1 more post and I'm there ! Hooray!!!!!!

Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:40pm
post #130 of 233

High five Jamie!!!! I'm getting close...oh no, I have to go open gates for DH. Feeding cows in a blizzard. Ugh.

JaimeAnn Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #131 of 233

I didn't do that... I guess the CC gods really wanted me to reach 100 posts so they double posted ..

Actually that was quite unsatisfying. I really wanted my 100th post to be a good one!

Deb_ Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:46pm
post #132 of 233

Congratulations ladies on your 100 posts party.gif

niliquely.............PLEEEEEEASE don't send that snow to New England, I've got one little pile left and I was outside today shoveling it down so it would melt. icon_biggrin.gif

Niliquely Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #133 of 233

I'll try, but these low fronts are moving in strange ways. You would never believe it was 75 degrees here yesterday. Are we going to get in trouble for being off-topic???

apieceofcake-dolores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apieceofcake-dolores Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:27am
post #134 of 233

I'm new to this site and haven't really posted much...just read a lot..but I HAD to get on and see what everyone thought of this challenge. I agree with everyone...I thought she got paired with an aweful bride who annoyed the hell out of me from the second she came on the screen.
Buddy's cake was awesome!! Congrats! I can't wait to see your new show!

buddyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buddyV Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:57am
post #135 of 233

kelly i was the first person pised off about the challange and i won . how do you think i feel. i broke my ass on that challange and for the first time on any challange i did i did it perfect. i mean everything i set out to do i did and i was proud of that. when i saw it i really did not think i was portrayed in a good light and i was the first one to say . the truth is the one time i win they make me out to be cocky i mean all the judges kept saying to me was you got lucky today you had a great assittant like she made the flowers for me you know had that made me feel after all that work. the show kinda came off that i got lucky and that is bullshit. and i know the cake was good but it is agrevating. honestly if you really saw what i can do it would impress you and i am not only talking cake decorating i am a full fledged baker to . i also run a bussiness with 35 employies and we turn out hundreds of cakes cookies pies brownies and pastries all from scratch weekly . so hopefully my show will show people who i am and what i am really about. and trust me it gets very interesting at the bakery it is funny stuff.

my life has been nothing but easy and anything i accomplished i did it myself and mabey that is why i am touchy about it. no hard feelings i love everybody and would help anybody that is just me

buddy

Niliquely Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:05am
post #136 of 233

I was impressed with all the sugar flowers. I made gumpaste roses for my Valentine cake...uh, it took me HOURS just to make, what, seven?! Nwice. *Said with Brooklyn accent*

JaimeAnn Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:13am
post #137 of 233

Buddy -

In an earlier post I referred to the Bakers as Cake Artists, because that is what you are . I make gum paste flowers and would never be able to pull off what you did. There is no way in Hell that an "assistant" had anything to do with you winning that challenge. There is no doubt in your talent and now you will be able to show everyone what a great "CAKE ARTIST" you are on your terms on your own show.

Looking forward to it.

Some people may not like your personality, Oh well. I don't like everyone I meet, and I'm sure a lot of people don't like me. That does not have anything to do with your ability in Cake decorating.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:17am
post #138 of 233

Buddy, I like you more and more. icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, how on earth did you get all those suckers done? There must have been hundreds of beautiful, perfect flowers on that cake. Amazing.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:21am
post #139 of 233

Hey BUddy by the way...............can I come and work for you??? Seriously I mean No joking. pm me if you want me. I can be a great asset to you.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:28am
post #140 of 233

Sweet.. we hooked us a Buddy V.. icon_wink.gif

You know... from one loud mouth Eye-talian to another... I think you are great. That cake was beautiful and you deserved the win.

Sorry you were portrayed like you got lucky. Trust me when I say that the cake community knows that a newbie assistant didn't make the win... it was you. I'll definitely be tuning in to your show... I hope they let the true Buddy shine through the editing BS.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:34am
post #141 of 233

One more thing Buddy. My husband was HACKED when your Santa didn't win the Holiday Challenge! You have a couple of fans in KY for sure!

Beth

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:37am
post #142 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

I agree that at times we need to educate the clients because we have experience that they do not. Buddy is obviously doing something right or he would not be successful!

I don't have my own business... YET... but I would totally agree with this statement, as I am sure one of our fav cake educators on this site (Indydebi... you know who you are) would agree as well. These little brides come and have no knowledge of what goes into this, and when it's your name on the line, you do what you need to while still trying to please and educate the bride. Who can fault Buddy for that?

Buddy- Your cake was awesome, and can't wait to see your show!!! Congratulations on both!!!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:51am
post #143 of 233

Holy crap - Buddy Valastro is on CC! I'm looking forward to his new show this spring and I'll be tuning in to see who/what turns up each week (is it weekly?). I think he's a character and a half and he does really great work. His cake last night was phenomenal and hands down deserved to win.

Joshua's cake was gorgeous, too, and his piping is crazy fabulous. I felt bad for Anne because she does such fabulous cakes and she was at the mercy of her bride.

If anyone missed the show, it'll be airing again Wednesday evening at 6pm (CST) and again - I think - on Saturday afternoon.

Buddy, congratulations on your win - you rock!

Deb_ Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:51am
post #144 of 233

Have you thought about expressing your disappointment to the Food Network about the way they edited the episode?

It's kind of disappointing to learn that the judges were actually ignorant to you and what we saw wasn't just staged for drama. I think sometimes Kerry's braid is wound just a little too tight. (I'm also a hairstylist, so that's my professional opinion. LOL!)

As a "scratch only" baker myself I can't tell you how much THAT impresses me. Too many shop owners nowadays fall into the practice of "mass production" of their baked goods, and quality isn't always a priority to them. It's great to learn that you are NOT one of them, and that the actual baking of your product is so important to you.

My first love is the science behind baking........inventing recipes, using the BEST quality ingredients, and then putting them together to create the most delicious masterpiece. Then, I decorate it. LOL!!

I'm happy that I had the opportunity to "virtually" meet you, it kind of "humanizes" the T.V. personality that we see. Even though you are not happy with the final edit of the program, you should be very proud of the beautiful cake and flowers that you created. I think most viewers would take the decorators side over those judges any day.

Now I'm looking forward to watching your show and seeing the "real Buddy". I'll probably end up being your biggest fan!

Good luck with your show, I hope that you'll have the final say with the editing of it.

Best wishes to you!
Deb

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #145 of 233

Good luck with your show, Buddy. My 7 y.o. son and I watch all the cake/dessert/chocolate Challenges. He really liked your Scar cake, and wanted you to win so badly. He'll be excited to watch your new show, as he really likes Duff. The criticism on the Challenges have become a bit unpleasant, in my opinion, as I'm continually blown away at each competitor's achievements. We'll be watching you next month. Congratulations on your win.

JaimeAnn Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:46am
post #146 of 233

I think I have figured it out!

Buddy has to have a mini Buddy V. under the table crankin out all those flowers...

Come on Buddy is that it am I right? hahahahahhaha

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #147 of 233

^^^^ TEE HEE!!! ^^^^

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #148 of 233

HA!!!! OMG... too funny. I need a mini jkalman to help me with flowers... LMAO

Niliquely Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #149 of 233

So THAT's his secret! AHA!

Niliquely Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 3:14am
post #150 of 233

Wait, are there any other quasi-celebrities on this site that I don't know about? Wow....CC is the coolest!
(Hooray for 100!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%