Is This A Good Box For Bouquets?

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm by jennifer7777

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 36

I'm sorry to keep asking about this.

I don't want to use mugs or buckets or baskets or anything glass etc...so I found these boxes. Would they work? There are a hundred diferent designs which I LOVE, and the small size looks like it would be good for a medium size bouquet, like 6-8 cookies, I think. If I put the florists foam and rocks and tissue paper in it would it work? TIA!!

35 replies
HeidiCrumbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 36

Forgot to post the link:

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/ShowDetail.ww?Sku=gnras

Or does it sound too floppy or not sturdy enough?

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 36

I don't see why not. I used a fabric covered box from Michaels for one. It was pretty sturdy. You may have to add weight to the bottom to balance the cookies.
Linda

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 36

I think they will. I agree - may have to put in some weight. I use everything. Give it a shot. Let us know how you make out.

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 36

I think they would work. I, too, use just about anything! Just make sure to add weight to the bottom. I usually buy a bag of rocks from our Dollar Tree and put them in the bottom and then cover then with the foam. I would give them a try! icon_smile.gif

HeidiCrumbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 36

Oh good, thank you! They are so inexpensive and pretty, and they have them for every holiday. I will probably order some soon. I think somebody said that they get the marble/rock type bags from the dollar store and put that in for weight, I will have to try that.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 36

LOL @ twopeas, we posted at the same time! So it's you that used the dollar store rocks. What a great idea! I'm so excited to try my first bouquets, I just ordered a daffodil, rose and lily cutter to make actual flower cookie bouquets. I'm so excited!

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 36

Im so guilty of going into a store - unlike others that have posted that get ideas for designs - I get ideas for containers!!! ANYTHING with a hole!! Im getting excited just thinking about it! O, Sorry ...
You can use anything!!! Shiney has the best idea (IMHO) in her pics - its a bouquet for a nurse (I believe) in a Gauze pad box!! I mean .. How clever was that?!?!?!
Once you get the "feel" of how to anchor things in - no matter what your method .. your container possibility is limitless!! (that IS a cute box though!)
Good Luck!

Twopeasinapod Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 36

I just went through the site and ordered some myself! I also use the Chinese take-out boxes as containers. I have not ordered them from this site but I usually get them at Micheals or Hobby Lobby. They get them in for all seasons. In my pictures, the wild about you Valentine's bouquet is in an animal print take out box.

I also look at anything with a hole. I just saw a cute little piggy bank in the shape of a purse and stood in the middle of the store trying to figure out how to get cookie sticks into the coin opening. I bought it (LOL)!

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #10 of 36

BTW: Heidi ... You can MAKE it work icon_wink.gif You can MAKE anything work!! If you look at the basket of baby valentines Ive got in my pics .. the basket (which was really an early easter basket on sale for $3!!) was made out of string .. and it was very light, and strings were spaces pretty far apart! You cant see the inside nor was it wobbly ... the basket was so pretty!

Twopeas - I'd been dissapointed in you if you had'nt!! icon_wink.gif

toleshed Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:54pm
post #11 of 36

I was just looking at that site. Very nice boxes. Too bad you have to buy so many at once. But I'm sure I can find a place to put them. icon_smile.gif
Hope everyone just got the email from spinning leaf for the oreo molds. 10% off. They are sweet!

HeidiCrumbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:48pm
post #12 of 36

toleshed-I think the package was for 6. I thought that was pretty decent. Some of the bakery style plastic containers you have to buy like 150 per case! I do hate having to buy in quantity when I just want one to see if I even like the size or material it's made out of. Thanks for all of the tips and advice. I'm sure I'll get the itch now to stick cookies into anything I can find, or maybe I should at least try to do one before I get all crazy about it, lol. It's good to know too that it doesn't have to be super sturdy, as long as it's bottom heavy to support the cookies.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #13 of 36

Oh, toleshed, I did see that the one I posted was for 24, I didn't see that, I was looking at the ones that had 6 in them. I can't wait to go look at all of your cookeis that have bouquets in them now and see what you all use.

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:17am
post #14 of 36

Those will work. If you look at my photos you will see some bouquets where I used small 4x4 boxes. I believe I have seen them referred to as mug boxes. I don't even weigh them down. Sometimes it's all in where you place your cookies to distribute the weight evenly.

Another alternative to weigh down containers are dry beans. That's what I used the pumpkin with the fall leaves.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:18am
post #15 of 36

i actually use these boxes all the time. the large boxes are very thick...like real cardboard. the small ones are just like really thick poster board. sometimes they seem a little top heavy, but since i started putting the cookies closer to the actual box, they seem to do fine
LL

HeidiCrumbs Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:36am
post #16 of 36

Thank you Kneadacookie! I was hoping the small ones would be thicker but as long as it works I don't mind. I thought the big ones sounded just too big, have you used them a lot or do you use the smaller ones more often? Thanks!

kneadacookie Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:48pm
post #17 of 36

i have a million of the larger ones. i got them from another girl who was going out of business. the larger boxes are really overkill. i have used them before, but i try not to. the smaller ones are just a perfect size. for awhile the crayon one was my most popular. now i just try to keep a lot of the solid colors on hand. they work for anything. oh...and make sure you get the doctor bag ones.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #18 of 36

It's good to know what ones are the most popular, thanks! I didn't get the drs bag but I got the white one that has the red cross in the middle. I'll have to go check the crayon one, what kinds of bouquets do you put in there? Are they all kid focused? My favorite ones are the ones that have kind of funky flowers on them, there were a bunch to pick from. Also, the "home" ones, with the gate or the house for a welcome home type thing. I'm so excited to try them!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 5:01pm
post #19 of 36

Heidi,
You said you were looking at the boxes that had 6 in them, where are those? I only see larger quantities...

HeidiCrumbs Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #20 of 36

If you go to the "gift basket supplies" section on the lefthand side and click on it, it will take you to about 9 different categories to click on and most of them are the boxes. You can pick from either solid colors, holidays, Christmas or special occasions. Most of them have six in a container and they are $5.70 for the small size, I ordered a bunch of those. Acutally, let me try a link:

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/ShowDetail.ww?Sku=docs

Here is the drs bag that Kneadacookie mentioned. Cute!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #21 of 36

I can't wait to find out how it goes for you, heidicrumbs. I've never done bouquets in those boxes and when i use them in a chocolate arrangement, i find them to be very flimsy. But then i've never thought of weighing them down with rocks, either, duh.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 9:41pm
post #22 of 36

Very cool, thanks!

kneadacookie Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:13pm
post #23 of 36

i do the crayon one for teachers. i get alot of orders from pta's buying thank you gifts. i go thru a ton of plain red ones.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:31am
post #24 of 36

Oh duh, teachers, lol!! If you have a moment Kneadacookie, would you mind making a small list of your most popular bouquets? Just like your top 10. TIA!!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #25 of 36

ooh, i second that request, thanks so much!!

kneadacookie Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:38pm
post #26 of 36

1. Get well these designs vary, but i do a ton of the little doctor with add. medical shaped cookies

2. Fundraisers it seems like i'm always doing a lot of bouquets to be auctioned off. these are usually my choice which end up being the theme of the fundraiser.

3. Thank you a number of these are for teachers, but also coaches, bosses, principals, etc.

4. Teachers most of these are thank you's but i've also had a couple for teacher's bdays and welcome to the school.

5. Centerpieces mostly baby showers or bridal showers.

6. Welcome baby

7. Birthday

8. Christmas

9. Easter

10. Retirement

That about covers it. After that, it's a lot of very customized...."can you do tweety bird with a bunch of purses..." you never know what people will ask for.

HeidiCrumbs Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:01pm
post #27 of 36

Thank you so much for posting that, I really had no idea what people would want in a bouquet. I mean I knew what I would want but not Joe Public. THANKS!!

Twopeasinapod Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #28 of 36

I just got my order in and I love them all. I have already place a bouquet in one and weighed it down with the rocks and it worked perfectly. I will try to post the picture as soon as I get home today after school. I ordered the Chocolate Sprinkles, Pink Rendezvous, Mod Squares Aqua& Chocolate, and Cherry Blossom Breeze to get ready for Mother's Day. I was thinking I would do flowers, hearts, purses and shoes in the matching colors. I also ordered Houndstooth, TV Sports and Balls, and Popcorn to get ready for Father's Day. I was thinking about doing sports fan with all different sports items and popcorn with "Top Pop". I also ordered solid colors to use for lots of other things.

I also ordered the clear cello bags for putting my cookies in. I ordered the CC2B which are 4 3/4 by 6 3/4 inches. They are the perfect size! I ordered the 1000 box. I know that sounds like a bunch, but you would be amazed how fast I go through bags. This also made them only 3 cents each.

I ordered on Tuesday and received them by FedEx this morning! They were very quick!

I will definitly order from them again! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

toleshed Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #29 of 36

Twopeasinapod
Do you have a shop you sell from or are you a home processor? How do you get so many orders?

Twopeasinapod Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:37pm
post #30 of 36

I just do this on the side. I am actually a teacher so I think that is why I get so much and the fact I am doing it as a fundraiser for my son. He is going to Japan this summer as a People to People Student Ambassador. I have done it for years just by word of mouth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%