Western Theme Cake Decorating Idea....plz Help

Decorating By lisa78332 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm by FairyPoppins

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 3

So my mind has gone completely blank. Maybe its permanent.....lol...

I need to come up with a western theme cake decorating idea. The cake is german chocolate, so I thought making the decoratings using white and red frosting. They also want a red bandana incorporated on it as well.. Let me add...i don't like fondant and find it difficult to work with.... so, I was thinking using a red bandana to cover the board. How would I do this. .. Sorry for rambling, but I want to crawl under my bed and never come out... What do you all think??? about the cake...not crawling under my bed...lol.

2 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 3

I think the bandana is a good idea. Be sure to cover it with something, which I am sure you know that. How about the border on the bottom do the rope border. Since you don't like fondant, how about a fbct with a cowboy hat, horse shoes.

FairyPoppins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FairyPoppins Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 3

There are some wonderful ones in the gallery using BC. I made the ones in my photos last week. It was a copy of another cake in the gallery. It's fondant though. Could you cover the cake with BC and then do gumpaste accents?

Also the gold stars are made using a barn star candy mold from Wilton. I used fondant and painted them but they also look great using yellow candy melts.HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%