Quebec Home Business

Business By cakesbychanie Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm by pouchet82

cakesbychanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbychanie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 6

Any Quebecers out there who have info on how to get licensing to sell home baked cakes?

5 replies
pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 6

I'm in Quebec, but I am not sure about liscensing. Would love to know though. Just make sure your buisness name is French icon_wink.gif

cakesbychanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbychanie Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouchet82

. Just make sure your buisness name is French icon_wink.gif

lol...

I dont know if it's specifically licensing, I just want to be legal... I'm already selling stuff and I dont want to get into problems with the government.

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #4 of 6
Quote:

I'm in Quebec, but I am not sure about liscensing. Would love to know though. Just make sure your buisness name is French icon_wink.gif

ha..ha..don't want the language police banging on your door...lol

On a serious note, I'm also from Quebec and getting legit depends on which arrondissement you're from. Some will let you do it at home, some won't unless you are in a commercial zone but all have said it has to be a separate kitchen that is licenced by the MAPAQ.

Back then when we were looking for a house, I wanted to do my research if I can have my cake biz at home. I spoke to someone from the city hall and he said we are not allowed because the zoning is residential but he also basically told us that as long as we keep a low profile they would look the other way. lol...and this is coming from a city official.

mmelyss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmelyss Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi5

Quote:

ha..ha..don't want the language police banging on your door...lol

On a serious note, I'm also from Quebec and getting legit depends on which arrondissement you're from. Some will let you do it at home, some won't unless you are in a commercial zone but all have said it has to be a separate kitchen that is licenced by the MAPAQ.

Back then when we were looking for a house, I wanted to do my research if I can have my cake biz at home. I spoke to someone from the city hall and he said we are not allowed because the zoning is residential but he also basically told us that as long as we keep a low profile they would look the other way. lol...and this is coming from a city official.

Thanks!!! I also wanted to know that!!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 6

LOL, I think there are a lot of ways to make them look the other way....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%