Need Strength And Comfort...

Lounge By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 6:58am by mustang1964

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 8

I don't really know most of you but I have been a part of this wonderful site for a year and I'd like to think of all of you as my cake buddies. I wish I could talk to my RL buddies as much as I communicate with you through this site.

Yesterday my cousin who is also my best friend and who I consider my sister had an ultrasound and an adnexal mass was found in her right ovary. A small cyst was found in her left ovary. She will be operated on to remove the mass by next week.

I am trying so hard to be strong but I feel so weak. I don't know what I can do for her except pray and hope and wish. She is a wonderful human being and she's only a year younger than me (not even 30!) and the doctors are telling her that she should get pregnant now or else she might not have the chance. She is so thin, granted she's always been a skinny girl but now it's just so hard to see her like that.

I've promised her mom that I will keep a happy face and not cry so she won't get sad but it's just so hard. This is just such a blow. I don't know what to do...

Thanks for reading and for giving me a chance to let it all out.

7 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 8

It sounds like things have been caught early, and with cancer (if that's what it is) early treatment is so important.

I will be wishing the best for her for her procedure next week. She's a lucky lady to have such support from you and her mother.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 8

thank you tubbsCookies. The finding is so vague. Until they remove it, they wouldn't know if it's benign or malignant. The doctors even thought she had an ectopic pregnancy that's how BIG it is. It looked like a baby. icon_sad.gif

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 8

cupcakeshoppe, I hope everything works out fine with your cousin. Try to keep the smile. One way to do that is to bring up the mishaps you two had when you were younger. Some of my happiest childhood memories are the ones shared with my cousins.

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 8

I'm sorry you're struggling with this right now. I understand how it is to feel helpless. Just keep praying! One thing I never liked is the advice to "stay strong" or don't cry. Why? What better way to show someone you care about them by being emotional about what they're going through. If you can be emotional around your cousin than you give HER permission to be emotional. Don't be afraid of your emotions. You can laugh and cry together!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 8

Praying for God to be with you and your cousin at this difficult time. God bless you for being there for her!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 8

thank you everyone for the great advice and thoughts.

It's just so difficult to hide my sadness. I grew up with her, we live right next to each other and we chat all day (even though we live right next to each other).

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:58am
post #8 of 8

I pray that the the Lord gives you strength and that everything turns out the way you hope.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%