Wedding Cupcake Price Question.....

Baking By cakes22 Updated 28 Mar 2009 , 2:37am by sugarspice

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

I was asked to make 100 cupcakes for a wedding in June. They want a 1-M swirl on half, and the other iced with apple blossoms flowers. I don't normally do weddings or cupcakes so I am stuck on pricing. I was thinking $2.00 per. & I have to rent stands for the cuppies to go on, do I include that in the price ? icon_confused.gif
Any help would be great.

TIA

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 3

I think $2.00 per cupcake sounds good. What about buying the cupcake stands so that you will have them around and it's an investement? If you buy them, I wouldn't charge them any extra, except a deposit. If you decide to rent them, I would charge them the full rental fee. You might even want them to go and rent the stand themselves so that they are responsible for any damages or late fees.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:37am
post #3 of 3

I am doing 200cc for a wedding next month. Bless the bride-she "doesn't care" how they are decorated. It is going to be just a swirl. I charged $2 each. I would charge more to compensate for the extra time of the apple blossom-will definately slow you down!! For the stand-if you own it, charge a deposit, or charge rent if you have to rent it. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%