What Is The Going Rate For A Stenciled Wedding Cake??

Decorating By bakerchick Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm by Rocketgirl899

bakerchick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerchick Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:41am
post #1 of 6

Hi all

Just wondering if i can get some idea about costing a cake. Ballpark is all i am after.

A bride came to me with a Ben Israel designer cake pic.

It's a stencil cake, but because i can't source that particular stencil, i will be doing all the scrollwork by hand.

It's not terribly complicated, but i quoted this bride for a 4 tier, 100 serve, and for 1 Side (front) only (top to bottom) decorations.

She now wants the decos all the way around the cake on all tiers, which does make more sense.

can anyone give me an idea what they would charge for this style of stenciled cake. I'haven't made this style before and am not sure what to charge.

I know it's hard but any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards
bakerchick

5 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 6

How long do you think it will take you to do? You want to at least make it worth your time. Do you have a link to the picture? Is the cake covered in fondant or buttercream? Depending on the time and design, I would think of charging at least 25-50 cents more per serving, especially if it takes you hours. I would really like to see a pic!

bakerchick Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:38am
post #3 of 6

hi all

i've found a pic for you to look at. i couldn't load it here, but it's in my pics. Black and white cake.

i look forward to your suggestions

bakerchick

bakerchick Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:43am
post #4 of 6

worked it out

here it is
LL

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 6

Beautiful cake! I wish I could help with the pricing, but I can't. Can't wait to see your cake!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 6

double what you quoted her.

or take what you charged for just the adding of the design and times that by 4.. then add it to the cost of a non stenciled cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%