Chocolate Ruffles??

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 11:29am by tootie0809

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:07am
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a cake like the one I've attached. I've never done this technique before and can't find any information on how this is done, with what, etc. I don't know if it is all white chocolate or if it is modeling chocolate. Anyone have any idea what would work for this effect? I wonder too, since I don't work wtih a lot of modeling chocolate or straight chocolate, if these ruffles would "wilt" or start to droop. Is there a temperature that this effect would not work with? Sorry for so many questions, but I've studied this cake all night trying to figure out how I'd do this, and I just have no clue. I don't know if this is too advanced of a technique for someone not real experienced in chocolate. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (Sorry the picture isn't great, but that's the best I could get it.)

2 replies
BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:47am
post #2 of 3

I think those were made with a chocolate is a link to what they look like

and here is a photo of a cake done by ShirleyW, who used to be a member on here. I know she used the chocolate ruffler to make hers.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:29am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for those links! That's very helpful! I've never seen or heard of that ruffling tool. It's very cool. I'll see if I can contact Shirley and ask if she's got any tips for doing these ruffles. Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%