White Chocolate Ribbon Cake

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm by Niliquely

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:04am
post #1 of 8

I have someone wanting a cake that looks like the cake below. I've never done this technique with the chocolate ribbons. Can someone tell me if this is a difficult technique? I have no idea what to expect on this one. Anyone have any ideas on where to find instructions on this technique? Thanks

7 replies
Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 8

I am wondering if they did it using white chocolate candy clay so you could mold it into the ribbon shapes and get it around the cake? I guess you could play around with it and see if that works! I'm sorry I'm not experienced enough to be of more help!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 8

I think it's white chocolate clay too. Even if it isn't it would be easy to do with white chocolate clay.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not sure but would a girolle help you with the chocolate?

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 8

What is white chocolate clay

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 8

Oh my goodness, what is a girolle? LOL! Looks like I'm off to google that. icon_wink.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:20am
post #7 of 8

It can be done on a counter with a spackle knife. If you're using real chocolate (not candy melts) make sure you temper the chocolate first.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm
post #8 of 8

Dream Delights - candy clay is made by melting candy melts or chocolate with corn syrup. Check out Serious Cake's YouTube video about candy clay roses...she gives a recipe and shows how to make it!!! I can waste a lot of time watching her videos! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%