Putting Stripes On A Fondant Cake

Decorating By Shaa Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm by Shaa

Shaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaa Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a pink & brown whimsical cake with stripes. The cake is tiered but not going to be sitting on top of each other I'm putting it on a floating cake stand. One layer is going to have stripes. Any ideas how I can make the stripes but not have a big overlapping mess in the middle or something to put in the middle to connect the stripes to. I'm open for ideas it is a bridal shower cake. 1 tier heart cutouts, 1 tier stripes and 1 tier circles with the bride and grooms intials in chocolate for topper. icon_rolleyes.gif

3 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 4

I might be missing something in your question, but it's just a simple matter of cutting the stripes to the right length.

Envision the cake as a clock. The first stripe would run from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock. Then you would have the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock stripes butt up against the 6-to-12 stripe. Your other stripes would be cut at angles at the top where they join in the center so none overlap.

It's not hard. You just have to do it and you will see how they fit as you go along.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 4
Shaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaa Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 4

Oh my you guys make is sound so easy I was beating myself up trying to figure it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%