Orlando Area

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 8

Hi to all my fellow CC friends in FL country.... I and the kiddos are going to see the big eared man and all of his wonderful friends starting this weekend. We do have some down, non-disney days and was wondering about Orlando and its area for supplies or cake shops.. I love to try new places... and I need a few things.. any suggestions icon_smile.gif

7 replies
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 8

I am headed that way this weekend also, would be curious to find this one out!!! Have fun at DW!

bharbor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bharbor Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 8

D & G Occasions on Herndon is the best place I have found for my cake supplies. It is a good ways from the attractions area, though, a little north of the downtown area.

mazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazz Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 8

Since your coming this way - look up Edna here on CC. She does lovely work and works in the Orlando Area.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 8

We have two choices as far as I know there is D&G which is on the North side of Orlando and Jesters which is pretty cenrally located. D&G is more pricy and Jesters is not a pretty store. I shop at Jesters because it is already a 17 mile drive from where I am in the really South end of Kissimmee. The people at Jesters are very nice! You can google them and see their prices in the shop on line through fondantsource link.

Edit to say: icon_smile.gif two choices other then the big chains like Micheal's and JoAnns. I think Edna is a D&G girl(but I could be mistaken)

SugarBakerz Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 8

oh is jesters the one with the cool cake pans like the topsy turvey ones??? Where exactly is it? I will be staying off resort, but just out of the gates... driving myself from bama so I have my own transportation which will be nice... thanks for all of the input.. tell me more about what these stores offer.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 8

Here is a mapquest for you. I didn't see topsy turvy pans there nor do I know if they are worth buying. I saw a thread about issues with not getting the cake out in one peice- the big end wanted to stay in the pan.
Jesters is closer to the whole Disney area. Disney's complex main entrance is near I-4 on 192 -you can see that on the map. Just to let you know it really is not a pretty store more like a warehouse in an abandoned car lot parking lot..LOL But I love the peope who work there and the prices! Look on line at the fondantsource link on Jesters home page. Pretty much anything you see on there they have unless it was sold and they haven't updated the on line store yet -which they have to do daily. LOL

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Orlando&1s=FL&1a=625+Herndon+Ave&1z=32803-5187&1y=US&1l=28.552044&1g=-81.337449&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Kissimmee&2s=FL&2a=2830+N+Orange+Blossom+Trl&2z=34744-1132&2y=US&2l=28.331315&2g=-81.403729&2v=ADDRESS

SugarBakerz Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 8

thanks, I will check it out for sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%