Need Instructions Moth Orchid By Sunflower Sugar Art

Decorating By drakegore Updated 8 Nov 2009 , 11:37pm by icer101

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #1 of 7

hi!
i am so not a gumpaste wizard icon_smile.gif.
i am thinking about purchasing the sunflower moth orchid cutter/veiner set. i have instructions on how to make a moth orchid from five seperate petals but i am not sure how the one tri-petal back piece and two rounded petals of this particulate set get put together? can it be done both wired and unwired? can anyone help me with this? thank you so much!
diane

6 replies
MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:21am
post #2 of 7

bump.....I have the same issue and cant figure the best way to do it. I'm thinking of using the mexican hat method for the tri petal cutter and attaching the stem through that. Any advice?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks tyyrt, it helps a little, but the cutter set I have is for the three back petals as one icon_sad.gif

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 7

morselsbymark: I am going to try the same mexican hat method for my one piece three petal part. I think it will work.

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7

mmdiez10 - I tried it today. All petals are drying now. Assembly tm night after work - I'll let you know if it works icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 7

hi..lots of people.. just cut these 3 petals .. then seperate them into 3 single petals .. wire them, etc.. i,ve seen instructions on this.. they will do great doing it this way. and more stability.also..hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%