Heavy Whipping Cream - Ideas?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm by Narie

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 13

I have some leftover heavy whipping cream and was wondering if anyone had any recipes (other than making standard whipping cream) which use it as an ingredient. The only thing I can think of at the moment is stawberry shortcake. If possible, the recipe cannot have nuts or chocolate. Any recipes you'd like to share? TIA!

12 replies
MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 13

I make a heavenly desert using cream. It takes 1 carton of heavy cream whipped, 2 softened, beaten packages of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sugar 1 can of crushed pineapple (drained), 3 packages of lady fingers (if not use a sponge cake thinly sliced). Mix together sugar, cheese fold in cream and then the pineapple. Layer a bowl with lady fingers along bottom and up sides, spoon in half the mixture, layer with ladyfingers spoon in remaining mixture and top with remaining lady fingers. refrigerate and serve enjoy

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 13

Use it to make ganache, so yummy!

BarbRaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbRaz Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 13

Here is a yummy recipe in honor of St. Patrick's Day, and courtesy of one of our local TV chef's. Sorry, I can't remember her name at this time.

Irish Cream Cocoa Mocha Mousse

2 tsp. instant espresso
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup Irish Cream Liqueur
3 cups Heavy Cream
1 1/2 cups sifted confectionary sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
Pinch of salt

Chill beaters and bowl at least 1hour. In the bowl, dissolve instant coffee with vanilla and Irish Cream. Add sifted sugar, heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder and salt. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into serving dishes or cut a frozen pound cake into layers and fill and frost it with the mousse. Very yummy!!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 13

Ice cream, old fashioned cream pie, bavarian cream, carmel sauce, Fetticini alfredo, pasta carabonari, butter?(I've accidentally made that) use in any pudding for extra richness. Add it to mashed potatoes instead of butter and milk. Actually it is just milk with extra butterfat. So any place you would use milk and butter it can work.

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 13

For non-dessert ideas, you can use it to make cream soups (cream of tomato, yum!), heat and mix with some garlic and parmesan for an easy pasta sauce, mix with some cream of chicken soup and add chicken and veggies for a creamy chicken casserole. There are really lots of ways to use it!

Bec

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 13

Wow...thanks for all the suggestions! I totally forgot about "non-dessert" items. Guess my mind's been on desserts recently. icon_wink.gif As for those that posted some recipes...thank you. Some ideas I will write down and use for future use because currently I can't make anything that has nuts or chocolate as the other ingredients. But everything sounds great! icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 13

truffles!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:34am
post #9 of 13

You can always freeze it for later use! I have some 1/2&1/2 in my freezer right now waiting for Lent to be over. icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:40am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK1973

truffles!

Where!? My nose led me in here and now I can't find any...LOL

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:30am
post #11 of 13

That's funny Sadsmile! Gave me a Happysmile!

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:54pm
post #12 of 13

Wow...I never thought to freeze it. Is that still possible even though I've already opened the carton? Do I just pour it into a sealable container and stick it in the freezer?

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #13 of 13

It can be frozen straight but you can't whip it after it has been frozen. The following is trick my mother used to do when she found whipping cream on a particularly good sale. Before supper, she would place the frozen dollops on individual bowls of fruit or whatever was serving as the sweet that evening. The whipped cream would defrost as we ate supper.

Quote:
Quote:

FreezingWhipped Cream
Freezing ultrapasteurized whipping cream is not recommended. Cream whipped after freezing and thawing does not become as stiff as never-frozen cream.

Individual sweetened whipped cream garnishes can be satisfactorily frozen by whipping cream before freezing. Place dollops of whipped cream on baking sheet and freeze. Once solidly frozen, remove dollops and store in the freezer in freezer containers.

Recommended freezer shelf life: Sweetened whipped cream, 1 to 2 months

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%