Boys Varsity Ice Hockey Team Cake Ideas...anyone

Decorating By nicole77494 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm by i_heart_pastry

nicole77494 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicole77494 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make a cake for the varsity hockey team. The person who made their cakes the last two years did very generic things, hockey pucks, hockey stics and jeresys with their numbers all around the cake. It is to feed 35 ppl.

I was thinking chocolate cake, but I need a filling. Like a chocolate marshmellow turtle, type filling. Something for highschool boys. Any ideas or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated... Happy baking everyone

5 replies
i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 6

You could carve a cake that looks like their jersey. Or you could incorporate their team mascot (guarding the goal, perhaps). How about a Stanley Cup shaped cake, if you want a challenge (just not as big as the one Duff did - hee,hee)!

For a turtle filling, you could make a ganache, then fold in some mini-marshmallows and caramel pieces. Sounds delish!

Bec

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 6

I made this cake for the high school wrestling team. Everybody like it. I just wanted to show you, maybe to give you some ideas. It was chocolate cake with raspberry BC.

Good luck!
LL

nicole77494 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicole77494 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 6

Marisanovy - Thanks so much for the picture. I was thinking of something similar to your cake!

i_heart_pastry - I like the ganache with marshmellow and caramel! I am going to try a mock run of this and I will let you know how it turns out!

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 6

Glad to help you!! icon_smile.gif

Please let me know how it turned out...

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole77494

i_heart_pastry - I like the ganache with marshmellow and caramel! I am going to try a mock run of this and I will let you know how it turns out!

If you'd like to send me a sample, I'd be happy to pm you with my address! Hee hee! icon_biggrin.gif

Bec

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%