Do You Ever Double A Pound Cake Recipe?

Decorating By jammjenks Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm by JanH

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 6

I have a whopper of a cake to do this weekend and I would love to be able to double my recipes. I've always thought that you couldn't double pound cake recipes, but I just wondered if anyone has and what the results were. Bowl size is not a factor.

Didn't Duff do that for the record setting cupcake? This would save me a ton of time.

5 replies
jammjenks Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

anyone?

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 6

My basic pound cake recipe makes 6 cups of batter so I double it all the time for a two layer ten inch round cake - good luck!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:29am
post #4 of 6

Don't know if you want to try a new recipe for a big order.... But here's a large batch recipe that you could at least use for comparison purposes (of one of your recipes doubled or tripled):

http://www.bigoven.com/124717-Three-Tiered-Lemon-Pound-Cake-recipe.html

HTH

jammjenks Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you both for your help. I have a great chocolate # recipe and I doubled it last night. It worked like a charm. It has a total of 10 ingredients, so measuring 10 things rather than 20 saved me a lot of time.

BTW-this weekend's wedding cake is 11 tiers, so I didn't want to have to rebake tiers. I have each night scheduled to get it done on time (since I work FT during the day) and didn't want to be off schedule OR waste ingredients if it didn't work.

Thanks again guys.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

BTW-this weekend's wedding cake is 11 tiers, so I didn't want to have to rebake tiers. I have each night scheduled to get it done on time (since I work FT during the day) and didn't want to be off schedule OR waste ingredients if it didn't work.

Oh my, can't wait to see pics of that bad boy. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%