They Stopped Airing The Golden Girls...so Mad!!!

Lounge By KKC Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 10:35pm by KKC

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 15

I know this sounds lame but I truly love watching the Golden Girls on Lifetime. Does anyone else like that show? They use to show it on Lifetime every morning from 8am-9am and then at 1am-2am and now they don't show it at all not even in the afternoon. icon_cry.gif It was an everday routine for me to get my laugh on early in the morning when i wake up and before i head off to bed. My favorite was Sophia & Rose...they made me laugh the most. Ugh..i just don't know what to do with myself icon_redface.gif Anyone else feel the same way i do lol?

14 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 15

Try the Hallmark network - they've moved them over there.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 15

Yeah, now they show Reba instead (in NY). Def. not the same!! GG is on Hallmark & WE now.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 15

I love the golden girls too! Before I was married, my soon to be husband was living in my parents basement and he worked second shift and he used to come into my bedroom every night and turn off my tv which of course, was showing the golden girls .... those girls were quite funny.

KKC Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzygirl

Yeah, now they show Reba instead (in NY). Def. not the same!! GG is on Hallmark & WE now.

Yeah here in Miami they show Reba and Desperate Housewives...I'm so glad they didn't take them off air totally thumbs_up.gif I don't care how many times I watch the same episodes they are still funny. Thanks guys for responding with this info thumbs_up.gif

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 15

I LOVE the Golden Girls!! Even my 10 year old son knows much of the dialogue in every episode. I'll definitely have to see if they've moved it to another channel. If it's not on anymore I'll definitely miss hearing Sophia say "Picture it..."

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 15

I love the GG's too. I've been watching them for years. I never get tired of watching the re-runs icon_smile.gif

KKC Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 10:50pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueco

. If it's not on anymore I'll definitely miss hearing Sophia say "Picture it..."

Lmao...i love her Sicily stories...and i especially love how Dorothy yells at her and say 'Ma, you're making that up'!

eme926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eme926 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #9 of 15

It's on Hallmark and also on WE.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #10 of 15

I'm with ya, kid! I'd watch it in the morning while getting my day started, and being a night owl, I'd watch it after midnight, too.

It was my daughters' and my mother-daughter time! My 16 year old LOVES Dorothy (I think because of how she handles HER mom!). My 30 year old will periodically tell me, "Shady Pines, Ma!! Shady Pines!"

I love Reba (see my signature) but I gotta have my Sophia Fix!! icon_cry.gif

KKC Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:26am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm with ya, kid! I'd watch it in the morning while getting my day started, and being a night owl, I'd watch it after midnight, too.

It was my daughters' and my mother-daughter time! My 16 year old LOVES Dorothy (I think because of how she handles HER mom!). My 30 year old will periodically tell me, "Shady Pines, Ma!! Shady Pines!"

I love Reba (see my signature) but I gotta have my Sophia Fix!! icon_cry.gif

I love Reba also...i think her show is hilarious...I'm a Barbara Jean fan and also Van!

Deby, I love that theme song!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:17pm
post #12 of 15

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! My mornings just aren't the same anymore. icon_cry.gif I used to watch while getting ready for work and now I'm back to watching Save by the Bell. icon_lol.gif

And no more Golden Girls while I fall asleep. Even if I have probably seen every episode 20 times, I want my GG! I don't get Hallmark or WE so it really sucks.

KKC Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:52am
post #13 of 15

For some reason i keep hearing the song in my head...u know the one Sophia wanted to sing in the talent show....it goes like this...

"Thanks for the Medicare, for Blue Cross & Blue Shield
For a hip that finally healed.
Remember with prescriptions generic is a steal...
We thank you so much!"

and then afterwards she asked them for the opinions and they said

Awful (Dorothy)
Depressing (Blanche)
Stinky (Rose)
and then Sophia says "Ah go to hell all of u"

I swear to u i hear this song in my head and it cracks me up to the point where people are looking at me like i'm crazy icon_redface.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #14 of 15

icon_lol.gif that was a good scene. Her singing was so ho-hum.

I love the time Dorothy hit Rose over the head with a newspaper because of one of her silly comments/stories.

And the time Dorothy called Sophia a "withered old Sicilian monkey". Cracks me up every time.

And I love that scene where they are in a dance-off and Rose shocks everyone with her flips and splits. icon_lol.gif

KKC Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:35pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

icon_lol.gif that was a good scene. Her singing was so ho-hum.

And I love that scene where they are in a dance-off and Rose shocks everyone with her flips and splits. icon_lol.gif

Yeah that episode was hilarious icon_lol.gif Now i'm getting depressed cause i don't get the Hallmark or WE channel icon_cry.gif and my husband refuses to upgrade our cable icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%