Coloring Candy Melts

Decorating By grama_j Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 10:21pm by grama_j

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 3

I want to make the carousel ponies out of the candy melts but the DETAILING is so small for these old eyes, I'm afraid I will make a mess if I try using different colors of the melts to "paint" in the reins, saddles,etc...... can you use powder colors or dusts AFTER they are molded, or would that just be more difficult ? Thanks......

2 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 3

I have used petal dust and luster dust to paint on chocolate molded pieces, turns out a soft color which I think looks good. You can use the food color pens to paint on molded pieces as well.

Matter of fact I am making basketball discs for 48 cupcakes today, and unfortunately the mold I am using has only one basketball cavity and is taking 7 minutes in freezer, each one!!...anyhow, I am using the black food color pen to make the makings in the basketball and works great.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Hellie..... thanks for answering...... When you paint on the luster dust, do you put it in vodka or just dry dust ? This will be for a baby shower, so I want real light pastel colors..... I"ve had this mold for EVER, and have not had a chance to use it...... OH, and thanks for the heads up on the edible markers too.............. Thanks again.......
grama-j.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%