Plans Ruined......what To Do????

Decorating By DyMakesCake Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm by lapazlady

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 2

Yesterday I made 5 dozen NFSC and 4 cakes. My plan was to work a 1/2 day today and then decorate everything this afternoon and evening(this is all for St Patricks Day).

I work an hour north of home....about 2 hours into the day I got a phone call from my district boss telling me I had to leave right away and travel west 3 hours to help out at another location. So now obviously I won't get to do my cakes or cookies.

My question is, how long should they be ok for? The cookies are in airtight containers on my dining room table. The cakes are triple wrapped in saran wrap in my fridge.

The earliest I'm gonna be able to do my decorating is Wednesday. This is all for mine and DH's work so they'll still appreciate it, even if it's late.

My DH will be home about 5:30 and I'm sure he could make room in the freezer if needed but would they be ok just how they are till Wednesday?

TIA!!!!

1 reply
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 2

The freezer is probably best, but if there isn't room the fridge will keep the cake just fine if it's well wrapped. Cookies in an air tight container will be like new. Sorry you plans were disturbed, but all will be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%