Finally I'm Getting Married I Need Help For The Unusal Shape

Decorating By froglover Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm by froglover

froglover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froglover Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 8

I need Help. I'm getting married May 8th 6 1/2 hrs away from my home and I'm wanting the unusual shape of where it's mostly rounds but some are cut and kinda formed to the other ones. It's hard to explain. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I need example pictures. Help Please.

7 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 8

Yep, I know exactly. If I'm thinking the same, it's called a puzzle and lots of images are on here if you google for them. Colette Peters also has one on her webstite. It's gorgeous. And congrats! Are you making your cake?

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 8

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_733693.html

aswartzw Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 8

Yep, I know exactly. If I'm thinking the same, it's called a puzzle and lots of images are on here if you google for them. Colette Peters also has one on her webstite. It's gorgeous. And congrats! Are you making your cake?

aswartzw Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 8

http://www.colettescakes.com/wedding_cc.html#

Here's Colette's version. It's the black and white square near the bottom, first column.

froglover Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 8

Yes thats it I didn't know what is was called. I have two partners I opened a shop with in October and they will be doing my cake. I just love this look but didn't know what to call it when I tried to google. does anyone have instructions on how to do this or do you just wing it?

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:28pm
post #7 of 8

When I made one like that, once I determinded how many servings I needed. Then I made paper circles of the various size pans, laid the circles out, and over lapped the circle so I had the configuration needed, marked the circle, and when it was time to set up the cake, I had the pattern each tier needed to be cut. It was quite simple that way, and I could get a good idea of how it would be when I was done. Hope this makes sense to you. I think I made it sound much harder than it was.

froglover Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 8

Thats a smart way of doing it do you have a picture of final cake? I found 3 here on cake central and one of collette peters but I can't find anymore. If anyone knows where there are some pictures please let me know. Thank ya'll so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%