Not Even Sure Where To Post This??

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 3:18am by poohthebear

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 3

I have a customer (a gas station) that wants desserts to set out on a counter. He would like some brownies, and some miniture pies, even some cake and pie slices. I have finally found all of the different containers and baggies to use but I am not sure how long the freshness would be for desserts that aren't in a frig.? Anyone have any ideas?? I will be using canned pie filling if that makes a difference. Next question, I found the cutest foil pans with the card board lids but I would like to put a picture of what's inside, so need some ideas about using either my own camera or clip art. Got any ideas on what would be the best idea for doing this? The pans are only 3 x 4 and I won't have to do many.

2 replies
sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 3

If packaged securely/properly, I would probably give a shelf life of 4-7 days (after you bake it) for unfridged goods. Our freshly made items don't have all the preservatives that large food chain companies have so we can't put a 2 month sell by date on it icon_rolleyes.gif

Is the display case for the pies going to be refridgerated? If not, I would advise against selling those. Don't know how well they would keep, plus the bacteria factor. Pies are usually good for 3-4 days in the fridge after baking.

Hope that helps. Good luck! Sounds like a good opportunity for you! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 3:18am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about it all day and I have to decided not to do the pies. I already do cookies and will be doing brownies, maybe some other bar types. Of course can't do anything with peanut butter or nothing like a lemon bar. What a drag! Any other ideas??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%