Stress Free Cake Support System

Decorating By maddyscreations Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 7:06pm by DianeLM

maddyscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddyscreations Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 8

Is the Stress Free Cake Support System worth the money? Does it really work? Would love to hear your experiences with the system? And any tips you can give?

7 replies
TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 8

I have it and love it. It's super pricey, but worth it (IMHO). I usually stack at home (use a center dowl if 3 tiers or over). Works like a charm...

TammyH

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 8

Where can I buy this?

maddyscreations Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:43am
post #4 of 8

So the center dowl is definitely needed?

maddyscreations Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 10:54am
post #5 of 8

Is the dowel needed if setting it up on site?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 8

I love it too. The center dowel is not necessary if stacking on site. I know several decorators who transport without the center dowel, but I'm too nervous to try it. icon_smile.gif

I require a substantial deposit (enough to cover replacement plus rush shipping).

I give my customers a pre-paid Priority Mail box so all they have to do to return them is throw them into the box and drop it in the mail. Works great!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 8

Diane,thats a great idea of the priority mail box for return, how do you then handle the deposit?
I have this set up and deliver fully stacked with a center dowel, although 4 tiers are extremely heavy and i need DH to help me lift and deliver it.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

Diane,thats a great idea of the priority mail box for return, how do you then handle the deposit?
I have this set up and deliver fully stacked with a center dowel, although 4 tiers are extremely heavy and i need DH to help me lift and deliver it.

I mail a check for the deposit return. Only once did I have to deduct for missing legs. !!

Hehe... DH carries all my stacked cakes for me. Sometimes he needs MY help, tho! I always let the coordinator know in advance that I'm going to need someone to hold doors open and clear the way for us if we're both carrying the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%