I Can't Do Two Things At Once!

Baking By SweetPicks Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm by majka_ze

SweetPicks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPicks Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 9

So my brother and neice stopped by last night as I was making a batch of Antonia's Icing. I chatted with them while I worked, not thinking anything of it. Well, last night I'm in bed and it hits me....instead of adding Cream of Tartar, I added Baking Powder!!LOL! Of course I come to this realization AFTER I've already iced the cookies, that by the way are my VERY FIRST order! icon_cry.gif Anyway, I obviously need to only do one thing at a time. Live and learn!

8 replies
poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 9

Oh no!!! Did you taste them to make sure they tasted ok?? I would have been jumping out of bed and hit the floor running to start over!! icon_eek.gif LOL

SweetPicks Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 9

I did and surprisingly enough, they tasted okay! Weird, huh? icon_confused.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #4 of 9

were they able to set?

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:32am
post #5 of 9

That happens to me all the time, all of a sudden I can practically wake up out of a deep sleep and realize that I goofed or forgot about something!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 9

Oh, I am notorious for not being able to carry on a conversation and work at the same time! SO glad the cookies worked out! My favorite goof was when my best friend flew in for a visit. For breakfast I made a Dutch Apple Baby Pancake dusted with powdered sugar. However, I discovered once we started to eat that I had grabbed the container with cornstarch! OOPS! icon_lol.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 9

Bummer for you, but glad they still tasted okay...that's the important part! I bet every single person here culd tell you a goof that they committed, or someone they know committed. My favorite story was when my aunt made brownies and added cough syrup instead of vanilla. I guess the worst mistake I can think of is the recent story of the day care worker that served the kids windshield washer fluid instead of kool aid. Some things we can laugh at, others just make us gasp!

SweetPicks Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 9

Yes, they did set. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in my goofs!! Thanks for the laughs!!

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 9

Well, you don't need cream of tartar in RI. I never use it because I cannot get it here.

But here is my goof: I have everything, I mean everything in non original container - glass jars from baby food or yogurt, instant coffee glasses etc. Mostly everything is labeled, but sometimes I "know" it would be OK not to label it. The last time I filled the salt in the fine granulated sugar container. Luckily, I tested the "sugar" before giving it to my sponge cake icon_biggrin.gif

Now, I have 1/4 can of sugar/salt mix. Any takers?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%