Wilton Baking Strips Question

Decorating By Kristilee1215 Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 12:06am by Getus

Kristilee1215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kristilee1215 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 4

I was told that instead of buying the Wilton baking strips that go around the pans to give you a flat topped cake you can cut a towel, wet it and use it instead for the same affect. Has anyone tried this before? Did it work?

3 replies
brandywinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandywinecakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, I've tried using a towel before and it does work. However, I did ended up purchasing the baking strips because they are easier to use on larger pans, in my opinion.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 4

Hey Kristilee........WELCOME to our sweet corner of the interneticon_smile.gif You will find a wealth of information all about baking, decorating and serving cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.......even a few other things thrown in for good measure! icon_smile.gif Now on to your ?.........
Yep, works just fineicon_smile.gif Make sure you soak the toweling well, then lightly squeeze off the excess water so it's not dripping and pin it around the outside of the pan.

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 4

I used strips made of towels for about 6 months, til I got tired of messing with them...hard to use on pans that are very big at all. So, I used Michael's 40% off coupons and bought the bake even strips. Much nicer!

Quote by @%username% on %date%