Help!! 1St Bday, 3-Tier Sports Theme...ideas??

Decorating By Normita Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 12:34am by bbmom

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everybody...I am doing my godson/nephew's 1st bday cake in less than a month...and am running low on ideas. My sis want a 3 tier cake (one can be a dummy cake), she wants it to be big and extravaggent!! I am fairly new to cake decorating, but I also want this to be my "look what I can do" cake to show the world. This is what I have in mind so far....topsy turvy 3-tier, 1 red, 1 blue, and one yellow. I want these to be bright and shiny colors. I dont have a airbrush gun, how else can I make them shiny...maybe bursh them with luster dust?? I wanted to attach fondant sports shapes (baseball, football etc.) throughout the cake. And on the top I wanted to add some curly wire with bright balls attached to it. Do you guys have any suggestions....or pixs of sports cakes that you have done...I am completly open for suggestions...PLEASE HELP!!

7 replies
Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, I'm not completely sure if this is something you are looking for, but this is a sports themed first birthday cake I did.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1098143

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 8

I just saw the most adorable cake yesterday on here, it was 3 tier all blue-but you could do each tier the colors. It had sneakers on the top...let me see if I can find it.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 8

I don't know how the logistics would work on this, but wouldn't it be cute to do 1st layer basketball, 2nd layer football, 3rd layer baseball all made using special ball pans? Your idea sounds fabulous...I don't think you need our help!

bbmom Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 8

Not sure how to link to their picture, but "Little All Star" by mandyscakesandcandy is so sweet and you could do the diff. colors like you want or I also like the whimsy style of pish...lots of her cakes have the curly wires like you mention, I really like "Rainbow" and "eli's monstertruck" if you go to their profile page you can look at these cakes and maybe you can combine the 2 styles and come up with your wow cake.

Normita Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:21am
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone for their great ideas...I will definately post a pix of the final cake. icon_smile.gif

Normita Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:28am
post #7 of 8

[quote="bbmom"]Not sure how to link to their picture, but "Little All Star" by mandyscakesandcandy is so sweet and you could do the diff. colors like you want or I also like the whimsy style of pish...lots of her cakes have the curly wires like you mention, I really like "Rainbow" and "eli's monstertruck" if you go to their profile page you can look at these cakes and maybe you can combine the 2 styles and come up with your wow cake.[/quote
bbmom...what is the website or is it on cc?? For some reason it wasn't coming up icon_sad.gif

bbmom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:34am
post #8 of 8

here on cc go to memberlist and type in name it will take you to their profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%