How Do I Store?

Decorating By CourtneysSweets Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 3:49pm by bashini

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 7

How do I store buttercream dream on my cupcakes? I plan on making them tonight for Tuesday morning as a part of time constraint. Any help is appreciated!! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 7

Can't you put it in an airtight box and in the fridge?

CourtneysSweets Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 7

The icing wont get hard will it?.. That's what I'm worried about this will be my first time making this icing icon_smile.gif

bashini Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 7

Sorry, I saw the "dream" part later. So what are the ingredients in the buttercream?

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 7

Hi, I have made buttercream dream only once...it is sooooo good. It does crust but the icing underneath is very soft. I think I added too much sugar or not enough liquid icon_confused.gif and some of the border and fru-fru I had put on the cake tended to fall off...icing was still yummy and hubby scraped all the stuff off the cake plate and ate it like candy. This was on a cake, the cuppied I did went so fast I can't tell you how they lasted for any length of time tho....I have problems keeping cuppies fresh. Maybe brush some simple syrup on the tops before you frost, then make sure all the cake part is covered with icing. Your best bet may be to store in a tightly covered container in the fridge. Not just covered but in like a tupperware type of container. Good luck.

CourtneysSweets Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 7

The ingredients are butter, sugar, milk, crisco. Is there a better more stable recipe for cupcakes? I'm looking for more of a non-crusting but don't want to refrigerate unless necessary I wanted to make SMBC but don't have the time to make that the morning off icon_sad.gif

bashini Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:49pm
post #7 of 7

You'll be fine storing it in the fridge. If it is a bit hard when you take it out in the morning, let it come to roomtemperature and then give it a little stir! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%