Please Help Me Put On A New Twist On This Old Cake!!!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 6

A friend of mine who works at my same hospital is holding a bridal shower for a friend of hers, and saw one of my corset cakes (the classic 3D corset cake, see my pics if you don't know which one I mean). She says she wants something similar for her friend, "definitely with a corset on top", but she wants an 8-in round instead of the whole heart-shaped thing with the 3D feel. I was thinking I could do a gumpaste bra (kind of like this ...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=68809

but she "definitely" wants a corset, NOT a bra. Her bride's colors are rasberry red (which actually ends up being more of a hot pink than a red) and chocolate brown, which could make for a pretty contrast on the cake, but she is married to the idea of a corset on top of the round, and I'm frankly running short on ideas right now. The stinker only gave me 4 days' notice, which is fine this week in particular, but I usually like to give myself a little time to get my creative juices flowing, and right now I feel dry as a bone.

Please help me figure out the best way to incorporate a corset into this cake!!! She does not simply want a smaller version of the corset cake (an 8-in heart-shaped cake with two smaller ball pans for breasts, or anything like that), she wants a corset mounted on top. Argh!

-Emi.

5 replies
emiyeric Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 3:37am
post #2 of 6

Do you think it would work to make the corset look like it's folded up? Maybe on top of fondant tissue paper?

emiyeric Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 6

*bump* icon_smile.gif

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah I think the folded up on top of tissue paper would look very elegant. I can't understand why she insists on not having the heart, why must it be round?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 6

The corset w/o the boobs on tissue paper - an open bos (round) is perfect for her 'demands' icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 6

Haha! Just realized I wrote rasberry instead of raspberry ... a typo, I assure you icon_smile.gif.

Thanks for the suggestions ... I think the shape of the cake really comes down to how much cake she wants (or thinks she wants icon_wink.gif ). I'll whip up some tissue paper tonight and cover the cake, and should have the thing put together by tomorrow ... I could kick her for wanting it so soon, but it shouldn't be too hard to do, fortunately.

I've never made tissue paper before either, though I've read the tutorials, so if you have any suggestions on that too, I'd appreciate it! icon_smile.gif Thanks for your help!!!

-Emi.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%