Archway Attached On Cake

Decorating By believer Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 1:25am by believer

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:59am
post #1 of 4

I FOUND THIS CAKE ON CC - NOT SURE WHO MADE IT. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ONE SIMILAR FOR A CHURCH FUNCTION. I CANNOT FIND A ARCH. ANY IDEAL ON WHAT I CAN USE? I AM THINKING ABOUT MAKING CHOCOLATE ROSES FOR THE CAKE AND SILK ROSES FOR THE ARCH. I HAVE PURCHASE A SILK SWAG - DO YOU THINK I CAN PUT THIS ON THE CAKE?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
LL

3 replies
jess2523 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess2523 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:07am
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure, but it looks like it might be one of the plastic stairways or bridges that you see on wedding cakes with the flowers wired onto it. If you google cake stairs, you can see what I mean.

I would love to see a picture when you get it completed, that's certainly an ambitious cake.

Jess

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 4

I think the arch is the stairway set, I think you get two sections when you buy it. You also get a circular platform that connects the two sections.
When setting this up, you want to support the stairs, as they are heavy, with flowers on them, heavier. I don't remember just how they are on the cake, but I would dowel, use a separator plate, attach the stairs to the plate.

Set it up at home to practice, using cake pans or dummies so you will know what to do when it comes time to set it up for real.

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:25am
post #4 of 4

THANK YOU, I DID FIND THE STAIRS ONLINE. I WILL REALLY NEED TO PRACTICE THIS, I AM NEW - BUT I SO WANT TO TRY THIS!!! ONE OTHER QUESTION. I PLAN TO BAKE A 8 AND 12 INCH CAKE - 2 SETS OF TIERS CONNECTED WITH THE STAIRS. I READ THAT THE CAKES NEED TO BE ALEAST 4 INCH DIFFERENT IN SIZE. MY CAKE PANS ARE 3 INCH DEEP. WOULD YOU BAKE 2 3" HIGH CAKE AND FILL THEM OR SHOULD I MAKE 2 2" CAKE. I REALLY WOULD LIKE A NICE TALL CAKE. I AM NOT SURE HOW MUCH BATTER TO PUT IN THE PANS TO GET A 2 INCH TALL CAKE. I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE.

THANKS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%