I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #151 of 395

Misdawn--I'm also in love with your avatar...YUMMY!!!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:06am
post #152 of 395

Misdawn, thanks for the offer but last time I asked my BF about emailing MP3's, he said they're too large. I think that's why music is always on those file sharing sites.

So, anyone get the new Sookie book last week? I'm trying to save money so I just have to home my good friend at work reads hers fast and loans it to me!

We get the All Posters.com catalog. I was looking through it today and they have a life size cut out poster of Rob. Sigh. Only $27.00 plus shipping. Just wish I had a place to put it icon_biggrin.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 10 May 2009 , 3:23pm
post #153 of 395

Ooh I think I would have to find a place to put it!

bizatchgirl Posted 10 May 2009 , 10:52pm
post #154 of 395

Check out allposters.com. They have a 20% off everything sale. So if you really want your 6'2'' Rob, now's the time!

jer702 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:48pm
post #155 of 395

Mmmm 6'2'' Rob, I can kick the hubby out of my bed and if can definately fit right next to me.

I haven't bought the newest Sookie book yet, i'm only on book 3. Oh, so one of my gifts for Mothers day was the Twilight movie, so I watched it twice, back to back last night icon_redface.gif . I need a life. ((sigh))

bizatchgirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:57pm
post #156 of 395

I should just make me a place too, right? If BF can have Homer Simpson in the bathroom (alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems), and Lenny (also from the Simpsons) in the living room, then I should be able to have Rob somewhere in the house, right?!

I need BF to hook the DVD player back up in the den so that I can watch Twilight. Right now I don't have anywhere to watch it that he won't come in and harrass me over being a dork.

Yet he's the one who has to go see Star Trek today, and already got one of the cups from Burger King.

Who's the bigger dork?!!?!? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Misdawn Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:17pm
post #157 of 395

Hey that new Star Trek movie is pretty good. I grew up with an original Trekkie, my mother. She used to watch the series as a kid. I took her to see the movie for Mothers' Day. I was actually surprised at how good it was. Plus, it was an added bonus that the guy playing Capt. Kirk is actually prettty darn cute too!

bizatchgirl Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:20pm
post #158 of 395

I've heard it was pretty good too. I became a Trekkie same way as you, mom watched the original series when I was a kid. I never got too much into the original series (I'm not so much a TV person). But then I went back and read all of the books with the original characters and now I like it. My favorite is really The Next Generation. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I just don't know how I get labeled the dork, when he's the huge Star Trek and Star Wars fan. He's currently re-reading all of his Star Trek books right now!

Misdawn Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:55pm
post #159 of 395

My mom has all the books, all the movies, and is currently working on getting all the DVDs of each of the different series. (I like The Next Generation the best too!) When I was in college, I worked at a video sales store. When we tore down our Star Trek display my mother begged me to get the 3 ft. tall Starfleet symbol so she could hang it in her bedroom. It's still there on the wall above her nightstand!

jer702 Posted 11 May 2009 , 7:59pm
post #160 of 395

Okay you guys have lost me with the Star Trek..never, ever watched them. Hubby really wants to see it, and we were supposed to last weekend, but we ended up seeing Wolverine instead, who btw was scorching hot icon_redface.gif

Misdawn Posted 11 May 2009 , 8:14pm
post #161 of 395

I totally agree with ya there Jer!

bizatchgirl Posted 12 May 2009 , 3:26am
post #162 of 395

Star Trek was great!!! I think you might like it even if you're not a fan. Are you an action movie person? It was non-stop action!

And not only was Kirk hot but Spock was pretty hot too. And Simon Pegg was in it (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead). Funny as heck.

I think they set it up well for sequels (of course), and I already can't wait. Would like to take mom to see it too though I'm not sure how she'll take all-new characters

Back in the day there was a novelty store near me and they had all of the TNG characters in the life sized cardboard cut outs. I wanted one SO bad. I've also always wanted to be a Star Trek character for Halloween at least once in my life!

OK, who was that a moment ago that was trying to accuse the BF of being the dork???

Misdawn Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:32am
post #163 of 395

LOL! I guess there's a little dork in all of us!

Faerieluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faerieluna Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:44am
post #164 of 395

Some more than others.
I went to see Star Trek opening night. icon_smile.gif

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:17pm
post #165 of 395

Just dropping a line to say "hi" to fellow Twilight obsessed CC girls. . .I mean women!

OK, you all know that Rob is SOOOOO rediculously fine. It reminds me of my early college days when me and my friends used to watch every Brad Pitt movie we could get our hands on. I don't recommend Valentine (I think that was the title), but Legends of the Fall and A River Runs Through it are fantastic.

Enough about Brad. . .OMG, I don't google people or drool much over hot guys. . .but maybe it's the vampire side of him. . .no, it can't be, because he's HOT in EVERY picture, even those not associated with the movie. I even watched Twilight with the commentary on so that I could listen to his voice.

My long-silenced, inner teenage girl in me is peeking her head out. . .it makes me laugh at myself so hard. I am begging my friend to rent the movie so that we can go and see New Moon in Nov. for my birthday. . .36th birthday, that is. I think I convinced her when I saw the pics of the wolfpack that I found online. HOLY #$@*!!

I know it's totally off topic, but my husband won't listen to me about any of it. What's HIS problem?????? LOL And, no, having a 6'2" Rob by your side morning, noon and night is TOTALLY normal. Not weird in any way. . .

Misdawn Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:47pm
post #166 of 395

Ditto! My boyfriend has even warned all his friends to "keep your women away from those damn books! They're vampire crack!"

bizatchgirl Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:01pm
post #167 of 395

BeesKnees578, you found us!!! I agree Rob is just too hot. Before this thread, I didn't even know he sang some of the songs from the soundtrack. Wow, just too much hotness in one package.

Oh, oh, speaking of hotness, I need to figure out how to attach these beautiful photos someone forwarded me at work to use as my computer wallpaper. I don't know where she found them but Rob is totally yummy.

My friend wants a full sized cut out of Emmett. And I say WHY? But keep your eyes and ears open and let me know if you find one somewhere.

I can't wait for November. Only 6 months away...gotta start planning my Twilight cake for my Twilight party icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Anyone finished the new Sookie book yet?

bizatchgirl Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:06pm
post #168 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeesKnees578

I know it's totally off topic, but my husband won't listen to me about any of it. What's HIS problem?????? LOL

Men just don't get it. We know what turns them on. Looks. And they just want to see women naked. We like the idea of that perfect guy who will wait for you to talk in your sleep so he knows what you are thinking, protect you from everything bad, sacrifice his relationship with you for your greater good, want to spend all of eternity with you...

We're just way more cerebral than the men when it comes to what makes someone 'hot' to us!!!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 16 May 2009 , 11:39pm
post #169 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melony

I'm 38 and feel I should be ashamed of myself for having impure thoughts about a 22 year old. hahahahahaha I asked my husband if I could start calling him Edward and he wasn't too keen on that idea. LOL I don't know what the big deal is...My husbands middle name is Edward...hahahahaha

But seriously.....I loved the movie and I'm really enjoying the book....I'm still on the first one...I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is overly obsessed.

Ok...I just HAVE to chime-in on this thread! I'M TWILIGHT OBSESSED! My daughter saw the movie last November, no biggie. Then, she came home from college at Christmas and brought the movie with her and she forced me to watch it! You need a little background....my husband and I tease her about having such "bad taste" in guys (looks wise), so when she was going on and on about Rob Pattinson, I just blew her off! Well, when he makes his entrance in the movie, I didn't think much about him....kinda even thought he was ugly....def my daughters's type, so I tease her a little and she FORCES me to continue to watch it. Let's just say another 20 minutes into the film and I was hooked!!!!

I just turned 38 years old, I'm obsessed with Edward Cullen, love Rob Pattinson, have his picture as my screensaver, watch the movie every day (sometimes twice a day), my hubby says I've mumbled "Edward" in my sleep, have a poster of him on my closet door (and not the inside of the door either), I read ALL 4 books in 3.5 days and have read them all twice since then, paid $25 for a back-issue of GQ magazine with Rob on the cover....hired a trainer to look sexier (great for my hubby), saw a dermatologist last week as I'm now having MAJOR issues with "looking older" (I'm guessing because I'm mortal?), and I'm having ridiculous thoughts about a 23 year old....yes, he turned 23 on May 13th....OMG....see what I mean....and all among other things!

Ok....I'm finished embarrassing myself! he he!

cambo Posted 16 May 2009 , 11:42pm
post #170 of 395

Oh...misdawn....LOVE your avatar! That used to be my screensaver, but I've since changed it to a new pic of Rob....attached!
LL

Misdawn Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:16am
post #171 of 395

Oh hello! Woo hoo! I may have to save that one!

cambo Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:38am
post #172 of 395

That has got to be THE sexiest picture of Rob I've found so far! Now, if I can just get my hubby to look "into my soul" like Rob does everytime I log in! icon_lol.gif

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 17 May 2009 , 12:43am
post #173 of 395

Do you think my family would be offended if I replaced their beautiful faces on my wallpaper for a picture of RP and his unfathomable and unspeakable hotness?

I personally don't see a problem with it, but you know how sensitive family members can be. . .even if they are 7, 5, and 2 1/2. Oh, and my husband, too, of course. He's pretty cute himself. . .he's got RPs bushy eyebrows, great hair. . .like Rob. Well, at least he's got two out of how many?

My husband, too, is glad that I am done reading those heroin-like books so that my kids are actually getting fed and bathed, the house is maintained to a certain degree, and he's not the sole caretaker of the children. I blamed it on my back acting up, which was true to point, and that is why I laid around for a good week and a half reading them all. He is none-the-wiser that I plan on reading them again in about two weeks after two very big cakes are done. Until then, I just don't have the time.

And it's true, you do get withdrawal. I was so sad when I finished reading them. . .I can't wait for more.

cambo Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #174 of 395

A month or so ago, I also read the "Midnight Sun" draft that's on Stephanie's website that was mentioned earlier in the thread! When they're finished with the fourth book/movie, they should totally make this one into a movie too....maybe straight to video...."Twilight II...a Vampire's Tale"! It's narrated by Edward and is Twilight from his perspective....so much freak'n hotter!

Misdawn Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:23am
post #175 of 395

I KNOW! I read on Stephenie's website that she has agreed to continue the novel. I can't wait til it comes out! I need my Twilight fix.

bizatchgirl Posted 17 May 2009 , 1:32am
post #176 of 395

Welcome Cambo!

cambo Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:16am
post #177 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

I KNOW! I read on Stephenie's website that she has agreed to continue the novel. I can't wait til it comes out! I need my Twilight fix.

I'm so excited! I had not read that yet! It's so much more detailed and "deep", if you know what I mean. That boy's gonna be the death of me I tell ya!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 17 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #178 of 395

Ive got my 9 yr old hooked also, she says Rob is one hot man!

jer702 Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:02pm
post #179 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

Anyone finished the new Sookie book yet?

I'm still working on book 3, did you finish it?

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 18 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #180 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melony

I'm 38 and feel I should be ashamed of myself for having impure thoughts about a 22 year old. hahahahahaha I asked my husband if I could start calling him Edward and he wasn't too keen on that idea. LOL I don't know what the big deal is...My husbands middle name is Edward...hahahahaha

But seriously.....I loved the movie and I'm really enjoying the book....I'm still on the first one...I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is overly obsessed.

Ok...I just HAVE to chime-in on this thread! I'M TWILIGHT OBSESSED! My daughter saw the movie last November, no biggie. Then, she came home from college at Christmas and brought the movie with her and she forced me to watch it! You need a little background....my husband and I tease her about having such "bad taste" in guys (looks wise), so when she was going on and on about Rob Pattinson, I just blew her off! Well, when he makes his entrance in the movie, I didn't think much about him....kinda even thought he was ugly....def my daughters's type, so I tease her a little and she FORCES me to continue to watch it. Let's just say another 20 minutes into the film and I was hooked!!!!

I just turned 38 years old, I'm obsessed with Edward Cullen, love Rob Pattinson, have his picture as my screensaver, watch the movie every day (sometimes twice a day), my hubby says I've mumbled "Edward" in my sleep, have a poster of him on my closet door (and not the inside of the door either), I read ALL 4 books in 3.5 days and have read them all twice since then, paid $25 for a back-issue of GQ magazine with Rob on the cover....hired a trainer to look sexier (great for my hubby), saw a dermatologist last week as I'm now having MAJOR issues with "looking older" (I'm guessing because I'm mortal?), and I'm having ridiculous thoughts about a 23 year old....yes, he turned 23 on May 13th....OMG....see what I mean....and all among other things!

Ok....I'm finished embarrassing myself! he he!

Cambo, you win. icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif You've got it baaaaad, girl. Welcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%