Where Do I Buy Hi-Ratio???

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm by msulli10

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 7

Where does everyone buy the hi-ratio stuff from? I'm from MI & can't seem to find it anywhere

6 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 4:56am
post #2 of 7

online try bakers kitchen

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:03am
post #3 of 7

Several on-line cake supply stores sell it. Youu might check with some cake supply shops or bakeries locally to see if they'll sell it to you. If you have AGS (American Gift Shoppe) stores they sell it, too.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:09am
post #4 of 7

I bought some today from a local cake store. I trust them so I'm pretty sure what they sold me is OK but has anyone else ever heard of/baked with the brand Vreamay?

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirt

I bought some today from a local cake store. I trust them so I'm pretty sure what they sold me is OK but has anyone else ever heard of/baked with the brand Vreamay?

Not familiar with that brand so I googled it and although it says it's a bakery cake and icing shortening, I didn't find anything that said it was hi-ratio. That doesn't meant it's not; it just means I didn't see the words "hi-ratio" so it could very well be hi-ratio. You can typically tell hi-ratio from Crisco by the mouth feel - hi-ratio isn't as greasy as Crisco. Hi-ratio tends to give a whiter, creamier buttercream - at least that's been my experience. I just made some b/c the other day with hi-ratio and I'm always so pleased with how it turns out.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 7

I've gotten mine online. Just google Hi ration shortening and you'll get lots of hits. I've purchased it at www.fonadantsource.com and sugarcraft.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%