Filling And Liquor Ideas For Bananas Foster Cake.

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 1:27am by drakegore

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 6

I was playing around with cake ideas and I made one using a white cake mix with banana extract in it and cinammon applesauce instead of oil. I poured the batter into two pans and left about a cup of batter separate and added brown sugar and cinammon to it to make the banana cake marbelized. It was soooo good! Everyone loved it!

So here's my question..... This is for an adult Mardi Gras themed birthday. I would like to put some liquor into the cake but I can't decide what kind. I also want a yummy filling that won't be too mushy or go bad. I plan on it being covered in fondant and it will either be a topsy turvy or a regular stacked cake. Any suggestions/ideas?

icon_biggrin.gif TIA!!!

5 replies
Baking_Booth Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 6

bump icon_razz.gif

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 6

There is a banana liquour out there, it's an idea. Also, cinnamon schnapps for an alcohol to replace some of the cinnamon flavor. A whipped cream filling sounds like it would be good, don't know if it would be too mushy for what you want.

HTH

Baking_Booth Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 6

I was thinking about doing a banana malibu, that sounds good. I still need a good filling though.

Baking_Booth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:05am
post #5 of 6

Filling ideas for a bananas foster cake? Something that won't squish out? icon_razz.gif

Thanks!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:27am
post #6 of 6

hello baking booth!

i stumbled across this thread just now (latecomer!) and was really intrigued icon_smile.gif.
what did you decide to do your bananas foster cake?

on the cup of batter you held out to marbelize, can i ask how much brown sugar you added to it?

thank you!
diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%