Where To Get Tiered Cake Box

Decorating By Lis1964 Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm by ladyonzlake

Lis1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lis1964 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where I can purchase iered Cake Boxes I tried Global but I cant get it soon enough...

Thanks,
Lis

5 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 6

Are you looking for a box to hold a tiered cake? icon_confused.gif

Why not just use non-slip matting on the bottom of these file boxes from Staples/Walmart/business supply stores? They are 12" wide/12" tall and fit a tall 2 or 3 tiered cake....depending on the height/width of your tiers of course.

I use them all the time, with the lids on or off. They are wonderfully sturdy, much taller, have built-in handles and cost less than flimsy cake boxes I can find locally....
LL

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 6

bakerycrafts.com but I just go to Home Depot and buy their boxes.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 3:08am
post #4 of 6

Wow! I would've never thought about doing this! I usually cut off the top of the box and then gladwrap the top. This is so much better! Thanks Antonia74

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:54am
post #5 of 6

You're welcome!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 6

This is an update since my last post. I went to a box distributor and purchase 16x16x16 and 20x20x20 boxes which are working great! I had to get boxes for my fondant cakes to help the humidity issues I was having with the walk in fridg at the commercial kitchen.

I too cut a door in the side of the box. This helps so much with getting the cakes out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%