Can Not Figure How To Put Link In A Post.......

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm by tonimarie

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 5

Could someone please help me icon_surprised.gif I can't figure out how to put a link in a post. I read somewhere that you can cut/paste, but I tried that it still didn't work. I recently wanted to put a link from one topic to another, and I couldn't get it to work. I searched old posts and couldn't find the answer, so now I'm asking icon_cry.gif

4 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 5

Sure icon_smile.gif

Copy and paste the url and then when you reply, when you are ready to insert the link, click the url button at the top right, paste the link address, then press the url button again.

Took me while too - I think Doug was the one who explained it to me, lol.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 5

If you are linking to a website, you have to click on the URL button, /\\ just above. |

Paste your link, then click the URL button again. No spaces at all.

If you are trying to add an attachment, such as a photo, click the "Add and Attachment" button below.

tonimarie Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 5

okay I seem to be able to get the address copied and pasted into the message, but shouldn't it show up in a different color so that someone can run their cursor over it and then click on it? I'll do a sample one of what happens when I do it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1313872

this was a link to a picture of one of the cakes I did.

tonimarie Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 5

icon_redface.gif alright this is really embarrasing....I see that it doesn't change until it is submitted icon_redface.gif oh my goodness my face is red in my own living room icon_lol.gif thank you guys for holding my hand through this icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%