I'm So Frusterated! Ahg. Wondermold..

Decorating By Sweetlepea Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 1:00am by mbelgard

Sweetlepea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetlepea Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 7

Well, it actually stems from yesterday.. Its just a build up up stff! Today is my daughters 3rd birthday. We're having some people over today for it.. So yesterday, I get my carpet cleaner (not cheap, mind you) and come to find that one of the handles of the tanks is missing.. which also doubles as the lock to hold it in place!! So its like a 75 pound paper weight!!!! UGH I was so mad.. So then, today.. I go for my wondermold box, get everything out.. and the screw that holds the pans together isnt in the box!!!! WTH! I've never even used it before!AND I bought it lik, 6 months ago from thw Wilton website. I'm just so frusterated, I dont know what to do.. Shes been so excited for that cake! Is there something else I can put in the bottom, even just to cover the hole? Or should I just put it as a loss, and try to carve a skirt out of 4 an 6 inchers? icon_sad.gif please help

6 replies
chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 7

I wish I could help. Maybe a bump will get someone else to help you

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 7

Since you are in a hurry you can see if you have a nut from a bolt and nut set. It might fit the threads of the rod.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 7

If you can't find a bolt I used to use and angel food pan and carve it before I had the proper pan.

Sweetlepea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetlepea Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee15

Since you are in a hurry you can see if you have a nut from a bolt and nut set. It might fit the threads of the rod.

Thank you Lee15! I went to my husbands toolbox and found one that fits.. Kind of.. The rod fits about halfway on, not tightly.. the bolt though, does completely cover the hole. So we'll see! Its in the oven now **crosses fingers**

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 12:25am
post #6 of 7

I found the same thing at Michael's. I'll tell ya, now I open the boxes and check and make sure all the pieces are included.

If that doesn't work, maybe take it to Home Depot or Lowe's and have someone find you a nut/bolt that would fit.

I baked with the Wonder mold today for the first time. I'm making a volcamo cake for tomorrow.

Goog Luck!
Melissaicon_smile.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 1:00am
post #7 of 7

This won't help for today but try calling Wilton and see what they will do. They might be willing to send you replacement parts.

When I've had a problem with products they've been pretty helpful, the most recent was my son insisted on getting the plastic letters and numbers cutters at Hobby Lobby and it was missing the "E." They sent me a replacement letter within the week. I didn't have to send receipts or anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%