Cookie Bouquet Centerpiece

Baking By Lcubed82 Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 5:22pm by GeminiRJ

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 6

There are lots of pictures of one-sided bouquets. Does anyone know of pix of centerpieces? I have Cub Scout blue and gold cookies everywhere, and will assemble tomorrow. I would love to see other "visible all the way around" bouquets!

Thanks!

5 replies
bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 6

icubed82....I know what you mean. I have some recent green and white heart bouquets on my flickr site that you can look at. I didn't post them on here because I didn't think they were that great. If I had to do them over I'd use a bigger container and insert the cookies in a bigger, more rounded out circle which may have helped hide the edges a little better. There were 10-12 cookies in each container. Maybe even putting small "sprigs" of tissue paper between cookies would've helped hide the edges too. It was my first attempt at an "all around" bouquet....I think I could do better the next time. Good luck with yours and post pics!!!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 6

Bakinccc, I love to look at your cookies! I have 9 cookies for each bouquet, and was planning on tissue paper filler! I may wire some poofs to toothpicks to stick in the foam. I also have 16 "Placecards" to do- we put Plaster of Paris in cups, stuck in cookie sticks, then pulled them out before all set. I will put in the actual cookie on a stick that the boys each decorated, and then a stick with a photo of the boy. I may get shredded filler just to cover the PofP. I have lots of in progress pictures, and will have plenty of the finished by Sunday afternoon!

I may have to set up a Flicker, or something, for pictures!
Linda

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 6

The Anniversary bouquet in my pictures is actually two sided. It just has tissue paper in between the other set of cookies facing the other side. It is visible from both sides because I made several of them and used them as center pieces on tables at an anniversary reception.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

Icubed...sounds like you have a good plan! Post pics!!!

(I so remember the Blue & Gold Days...we're now having an Eagle ceremony for our oldest son in two weeks!!!!)

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

Icubed...sounds like you have a good plan! Post pics!!!

(I so remember the Blue & Gold Days...we're now having an Eagle ceremony for our oldest son in two weeks!!!!)

Congrats to your son! Our twins are what the council calls "double Eagles", having earned their Eagle in Boy Scouts and the Silver Award in Venturing. They're now hoping to complete their Quartermaster, which will be the highest award in Sea Scouts.

icubed82, it's probably too late, but instead of bouquets for centerpieces, you could use grapevine cones. Attach the bagged cookies to the twigs, working in rows from bottom to top of the cone. It looks really cool, and it's 360 degrees.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%