Poured Fondant Mix - Where To Buy?

Baking By tigerlily09 Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 9:56am by JanH

tigerlily09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerlily09 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:02am
post #1 of 3

Hello and thanks for reading this.

I'm not talking about rolled fondant, I'm talking about poured fondant, the kind you coat petits fours with. I found some mix at a local crafts store but it didn't taste right to me. I'd like to try some of the CK brand but it's like $8 shipping for one pound. I've seen recipes for making the stuff out of corn syrup and granulated sugar but I'm just too lazy! What I really want this for is to coat sugar cookies. I LOVE sugar cookies and no other icing else tastes right on 'em! Should I try to buy some off a local bakery? Any ideas or referrals?

I'm cross posting this on the Cake Decorating forum.



2 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:11am
post #2 of 3

You might try Toba Garrett's Glace'. You can pour it on or pipe an outline and flood. This is for the flood consistency, for outlining you'll need to add a little powdered sugar to thicken. Or you can outline with RI.

I found this in the recipes section, but I've not tried it myself.

If you go to the recipes section you can do a search.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:56am
post #3 of 3

I was going to recommend Country Kitchen Sweet Art, but you've already found and rejected that option....

Duplicate post, please also see:



Quote by @%username% on %date%