Help! Cake For Laid Off Employees

Decorating By radtech Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 1:00am by Jayde

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:01am
post #1 of 4

Help! I was asked to make a cake for the last day of 4 employees that are being laid off. She said that they love my cakes and that I can decide how to decorate it but they don't want the cake to say anything....Oh thanks for making it my decision! It sounds like a nice gesture but I am totally clueless on this one. It will be buttercream and I would love any help on this one.

3 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #2 of 4

I would just do a "bakery style" cake... no balloons, characters, whatever... just nicely decorated with what is inside.

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:47am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for you imput...that is what I was thinking. I will probably do some kind or raspberry filling and figured I could decorate it with some fresh berries. Thanks again.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:00am
post #4 of 4

I wouldnt even do a sheet cake, it would look like a big blank canvas where someone was supposed to write something, but couldnt figure out what to say. If that makes sense, it does in my head anyways....

I would make 1 or 2 separate rounds even if they have to be 10-12 inch to feed everyone.

You could do a chocolate with chocolate frosting and chocolate curls on top. A carrot cake with chopped walnuts pressed into the sides. A strawberry cake with fresh strawberries on top. You get my drift, Im sure. I do cakes like that all of the time for my family who just want a quick dessert, I dont go all crazy decorating them.

Tread carefully whatever you decide to do....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%