Fondant On Sugar Cookies

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 1:10am by kymscakes

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 6

is it possible to put fondant right on cut out sugar cookies?

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:47am
post #2 of 6

Yep! Have the shapes cut out of fondant and ready to go before the cookies come out of the oven (I actually cut the fondants before I cut the cookies). When they come out of the oven, slap those fondant cutouts right on the warm cookie. The heat from the cookies melts the fondant onto the cookie. When it all cools, the fondant is stuck on there nice and secure.

A great method for a high volume order. Great for one-color cookies. Great for putting on the base color, then other colors can be added later.

I read about doing this here on CC, and loved it the first time I tried it. Now, I like the taste of the RI on cookies better, but when it comes to volume and productivity, this is the bomb!

kymscakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:53am
post #3 of 6

ok so what do i do if i was impatient and the cookies are already done? i have a ton of satin ice black fondant and these need to be blaack and i am super lazy (its march in buffalo, i need some sun....) any way to make that fondant stic to perfectly cooled cookies?

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:55am
post #4 of 6

Kymscakes, you can also brush the fondant or cookie with some thinned out corn syrup. It works like a charm! I also used an impression mat on the fondant and it added a nice background to the cookies!

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:02am
post #5 of 6

I always cover my cookies with MMF. I never get my ducks in a row in order to put the fondant on while they are still warm, so I just wipe a little water on the back of the fondant and stick it on the cookie. Works just fine! I love the taste of MMF on NFSC!

kymscakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:10am
post #6 of 6

my day has just been made, thank you all, i have corn syrup and of course water so i am all set!!!!!
thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%