Hobby Lobby...

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm by Sarsi

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 11

FYI: Hobby Lobby in Hickory, NC will not accept competitors coupons anymore. icon_sad.gif

The only way to save money with them is to use THEIR coupons. The problem with that is that it is pretty much always a % off a particular item or product line. So makes it hard to save any money while shopping there.

Is this limited to just the store in Hickory, NC or do all HL's not accept competitors coupons? How posting and letting us know about the HL in your area.

10 replies
Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 11

I didn't know that Hobby Lobby accepted other competitor's coupons. I use Hobby Lobby coupons at Michaels. Right now Hobby Lobby's coupon is the 40% off all Wilton Cake Supplies. Yeh!! I'm shopping this afternoon.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 11

I've never tried to use a competitor's coupon at my Hobby Lobby in Spartanburg, SC............just never thought about it, I guess........so
I really don't know........

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 11

Our HL has never taken competitor coupons. If you take a Michael's ad in, and there is something cheaper in the Michael's ad, they will sell you the item at Michael's price, but that's all.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 11

Yeah, HL in Hickory is the one I go to too. They used to accept competitors' coupons, but stopped that a couple years ago. That's ok with me though because HL is much closer for me that Michaels and AC Moore anyway.

It's also on DH's way home from work so he picks up stuff for me as needed. He always feels like a "man's man" when he's on the cake aisle holding a 40% coupon and looking for pearl dust. icon_lol.gif

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:48am
post #6 of 11

HEHEHE!! We just moved, and I need to go check out the Hobby Lobby here...didn't have one where we use to live!! I'm kinda excited to go check it out!! Is it pretty much like a Michaels??

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:44pm
post #7 of 11

Sarsi - I don't know if they're all the same, but around here the HL is 10X better than Michaels. It is much bigger, but that may be because the space they're in used to be a grocery store. A craft store that is as big as a grocery store....now that's what I'm talking about!

Sarsi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 11

LOL!! That sounds GREAT!!! Do they have fabrics and things too???? I HOPE SO!!! hehehee....

MARYNES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYNES Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #9 of 11

DID I UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN GO TO ANY MICHAEL'S AND USE HL COUPON?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:03pm
post #10 of 11

Sarsi, they have fabric. They also have home decorating things like lamps, pillows, partyware, cards, home decorating items, frames, baskets, and on and on.
I do prefer Hobby Lobby to Michaels.

Sarsi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 11

Oh Sweet!! I'm definately going to have to go check it out then!! It looks big too!! YAY!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%