Son's Word Scramble "aidlrszs"

Decorating By jlh Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 11:47am by playingwithsugar

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:01am
post #1 of 11

Can anyone help? It's due tomorrow, and we've spent 3 days looking at it! I'm tired and I want to go to bed! Do you know what it is?

aidlrszs

10 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:08am
post #2 of 11
jlh Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #3 of 11

Slizards? I don't think his 2nd grade teacher would give out that word. Although very interesting, and my son got a kick out of the definition, I just don't think that could be it. icon_lol.gif Anyone else have any ideas?

Slizards
From King's Quest OmnipediaJump to: navigation, search
A special kind of lizard. The species has the ability to switch bodies with whoever it bites.

It can be assumed that this special lizard species is non-sentient until it switches into a new body, and is able to take advantage of higher brain functions to start learning a vocabulary. However the lizard's victims retain most of their own sentience within the slizard's body.

Graham has encountered this species, having been bit by one simply called Slizard by those around it. The last time Slizard was seen he inhabited the body of Karn, and was learning a vocubulary, and being taken care of by an imp.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #4 of 11

Can it be a mistake? I just ran your letters through a few scrabble word finders - and none of them find anything with two S's. I can remember racking my brains with my daughter when she was young over problems that were misprinted. I feel for you! icon_smile.gif

jlh Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:26am
post #5 of 11

I think you might be right. We're all stumped on this one. Thanks icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #6 of 11

lizards doesn't have a double anything

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:01am
post #7 of 11

I just went through 4 different word unscramble programs (found in google search using the phrase unscramble words program ), and all of them are saying that no such word exists.

I can't wait to see what the real answer is.

Thanks for sharing this. I love an intellectual challenge.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #8 of 11

My guess is "lizards" with a typo OR a lisp??..................

Rae

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:04am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

My guess is "lizards" with a typo OR a lisp??..................

Rae

LOL

jlh Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:36am
post #10 of 11

FINAL ANSWER = Lizards. Yes, it was a typo on the teacher's part. The kids all gave her the business on Friday! Poor thing. Thanks for your help.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 11:47am
post #11 of 11

Send me her address. If she thinks she got it from the kids, wait until she hears what I have to teach her. The concept is "proofread." icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%