Chihuahua Birthday Cake...oh Man Oh Jeez

Decorating By ashk36 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 10:00pm by anamado

ashk36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashk36 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 6

So I've volunteered myself to do my best friend's little girl's birthday cake. She wants a chihuahua! For some crazy reason, I'm really confident in doing this, but I will be making a test cake first. She wants strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. Since I will be doing a little bit of carving, what would be a good recipe for a sturdy, carvable strawberry cake? I'm also thinking of making MMF, what flavor would you recommend I add to it that would go well with the chocolate and strawberry?

5 replies
anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:46am
post #2 of 6

I made a cake with a chihuahua. But it was all chocolate. If you want to take a peek at the tutorial I made you can click here
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-619692-chihuahua.html
You can also see if you want the recipe in the second page.
Hope it can help you somehow...

Greetings from Portugal!!!!!!!!!!!!

ashk36 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 6

That is so cute! I may have to do something similar. It would probably be much easier than doing a chihuahua body, huh! One question for you though, when you said you made cakeball dough, what exactly is that? Did you just mix up crumbled cake and frosting, and then form that into the shape you needed? How did you get it to keep its shape without falling apart?

anamado Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, it was a mix of the crumbs and buttercream. I made the cake ball dough very thick (if it's to soft you can always add crushed cookies). Then I covered it with mmf. But you can use only mmf to make it. The paws for instance are just mmf. It's probably easier. It was just an experience I thought I could try.

ashk36 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 6

Very cool idea! I think I'll try that with my test run cake, as well as rice krispy treats. Thank you for the tutorial, I think it will really help! I'll post pictures of my finished product whenever I get it done!

anamado Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 6

I'll be waiting to see them icon_smile.gif
And please let me know, send me a pm for instance...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%