Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By luv2cook721 Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 2:22pm by luv2cook721

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 9

I want to make a cupcake bouquet and have seen a few in the galleries here, but I am not sure the best way to support the cupcake "roses" I am planning to use some small buckets that will fit about 5 cupcakes each I estimate. I would appreciate some advice on how to do this.

8 replies
chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 9

Try this:

It opened my eyes as to how to put it together!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 9

do a search for a tutorial i did last july/aug...it seems to have helped alot of people.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cook721

I want to make a cupcake bouquet and have seen a few in the galleries here, but I am not sure the best way to support the cupcake "roses" I am planning to use some small buckets that will fit about 5 cupcakes each I estimate. I would appreciate some advice on how to do this.

I made these a couple times using terra cotta pots. I used a styrofoam ball down in the pot and covered that with shredded paper "grass". Then I used shikebob (sp?) skewers, poked one end into the bottom of the cupcake and the other end into the ball (had to trim the skewers, if I remember correctly).

With buckets, if they are lightweight, you may have to put something in the bottom of them so the bouquet is not top heavy.

luv2cook721 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

Try this:

It opened my eyes as to how to put it together!

That was helpful, it gives me an idea of how to proceed, thanks.

luv2cook721 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:36pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for all the help you guys! my bouquets turned out real cute! I will post pics when I get a chance.

luv2cook721 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:31am
post #7 of 9

here is a link to the photo in the gallery of one of the bouquets I made.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1329781#next

Thanks for all the help.

Jennifer

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 9

Hi, when i did my bouquets i used a flower pot, layered 2 0r 3 sheets of tissue paper that picked upthe colors in the flower pot and put the wedge of styrofoam in the middle and put in the pot..next i put some shredded paper on the styrofoam and before putting the skewer in the cupcake i had purchased some craft foam from Michaels, it comes in all different colors, i cut it into small squares and slid a square on the skewer small enough to be hid by the cupcake and adds to the support of the cupcake so it doesnt slide down the skewer and the point sticks out from the frosting icon_sad.gif...hope this helps

luv2cook721 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 9

I wish I would have used tissue paper to hide the styrofoam ball, I didn't think of it until after they were done, but definitely would do that in the future.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%