Can Anyone Identify This Color?

Decorating By littlecake Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 12:56am by cookiemookie

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
6 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 7

When I click on your link the picture I'm getting is butterfly cookies. I don't see any cupcakes.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 7

The cupcakes look like they are iced in regular buttercream. The roses om the CC look like they are tinted with an aqua or sky blue.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 7

crud...it's not showing the right pic....the name on the cuppies is "sweet india"...

i think it's the prettiest color of fushia i've ever seen in icing....i read later, she said she mixed it....the colors she uses are very vibrant....must be a different brand than i use.

anyhoo...those royal icing butterflies are really cool too.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:36am
post #5 of 7

Okay, I put sweet india cupcakes in the search and they popped up. They are gorgeous cupcakes. You can achieve that color by starting with a hot pink, then adding purple to the icing.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:52am
post #6 of 7

They are a very beautiful shade aren't they? In the comments several people asked how she got those colors but she doesn't answer them icon_sad.gif
I think classiccake is right. If you don't have hot pink country kitchen's got a great similar color....called Cherry Pink.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 7

I'm guessing that she started with Electric Pink by Americolor.

I can tell the contrast and saturation was bumped up also. She even states it in a reply. All the colors are intense. Nothing a little Photoshop can't do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%