Questions On Pastry Pride

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 6:05am by Michellers

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 3

I have read that pastry pride is a non-dairy product used for whipped cream BC. Does or does it not need to be refrigerated? I have read both...I thought being non-dairy meant no frig....where can this be purchased...I am not finding it at my local grocery store. They say its in the frozen food section...why is it frozen if non-dairy?

2 replies
jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #2 of 3

When i get mine it is frozen too, but once i defrost i keep it liquid from for a couple of weeks in the fridge. Then if whipped i also keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks and just rewhip like BC. As far as non-dairy, yes it is and it can be on a cake left out for several hours with my experience. The taste gets a little wierd after several hours after warming up though. HTH.

Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:05am
post #3 of 3

Once it's whipped it is stable enough to sit out for a few hours with no worries of it dripping down your cake like regular whipped cream. Until it's whipped, though, you'll want to keep it at least refrigerated. I keep mine in the freezer because it stays good longer. If you leave un-whipped pastry pride out to the point that it gets to be room temperature it won't whip up like it should, so you definitely should keep it chilled til you whip it. I get mine at Smart and Final. I think Cash and Carry also sells it, as well as my local cake supply store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%