Help Or Instructions For Antonia74 Royal Icing

Decorating By kellycat102938 Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm by mamacc

kellycat102938 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycat102938 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all, I found this thread
"How To Bake A Decorate Cookies. By: Helen aka Antonia74 Marmalade Cake Company Here is my technique, step-by-step, from raw dough to drying. It was developed simply from trial and error. Where applicable, Ive photographed the procedure to give you"
on CCs website, but when I try to open it it gives me a recipe for something other than the Royal icing. It is not the recipe that I need anyway, it is the "HOW TO" I only have a handmixer and wonder how I should deal with this.
Kelly

4 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 5

http://www.cakescanada.com/HowTo/AntoniaCookies.pdf
This is the website that gives you all the instructions. Just a word of caution. When making royal icing with a hand mixer you can only do one batch at a time because of the size of the mixer. Even then it's going to be hard on your mixer.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Ballymena! icon_smile.gif Here's the recipe too, Kellycat...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1983-0-Antonia74-Royal-Icing.html

If you need any further help, please feel free to PM me and I'll try to give any more info I can. thumbs_up.gif

kellycat102938 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycat102938 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #4 of 5

THANK-YOU Balymena and Antonia74!!!

I think I have all I need. Antonia74, please disregard my PM. I didn't realize I had replies to my post when I PMed.

I am very excited to try baking and decorating a cookie.....a little nervous too. Do you guys recommend the NFSC on CC? I figure a name like no fail must be good especially for someone who has only baked a cookie one or twice in her life.

Do you think I could make a batch of antonia74 RI with a hand mixer or would I have to half it?

icon_smile.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, the no fail sugar cookie recipe is really good!! I use it all the time for sugar cookies. You should be fine using a hand mixer as long as your bowl is big enough. It may not come out as perfect but it should be ok...typically you want to beat the icing on LOW with a paddle for about 8 minutes but I've done it in a hand mixer before and it came out ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%