Sumthin For Nothin!!!

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 7:29am by AngiesIdea

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:55am
post #1 of 3

Had to share my story since it's a first for me. Last week I did a few dozen Elmo cupcakes for a lady that always gets pounds cake from me. She's cool, so I asked $60 total. No problem! Cupcakes apparently went over very well at the party and generated 2 more orders. icon_biggrin.gif First order was 24 Elmo and 24 Abby Cadabby cupcakes for this coming weekend. Wow, first of all I didn't even know who Abby Cadabby was so I had to look her up-turns out she a bit much for my skillset. thumbsdown.gif Especially on a cupcake. So offered a few suggestions, customer settled on Abby cake on top of 12*18 sheet, 20 Elmo cc and 20 pink decorated cc. Well, no friend discount here so prices were as follows: $45 for Abby cake atop of a 12*18 sheet, $1.90 each for Elmo cc and $1.30 each for pink cc. Woe, stop the press-she changed it to a personal 6 inch Abby cake and 20 Elmo cc. I told her I would have to see if I could find anything on the shelves with Abby-I don't think she's readily available at the cake stores.

Truthfully, I'm a bit relieved because I have an order for a 12*18 cake for my family this weekend and I'm having some painting done at my house.

Thanks for reading!
Angie

2 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:10am
post #2 of 3

Good for you, I know I never heard of Abby until I went back east, she's big out there.So when I made my dn Abby cake I had to make her because then they didn't have anything of her. But if you have a Michaels's they have cake toppers/candles of her and cupcake stuff too. Even Party America stores check it out and good luck.

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:29am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchanewjersey

Good for you, I know I never heard of Abby until I went back east, she's big out there.So when I made my dn Abby cake I had to make her because then they didn't have anything of her. But if you have a Michaels's they have cake toppers/candles of her and cupcake stuff too. Even Party America stores check it out and good luck.

Ok, I just looked at Micheals website and I do see a few items for Abby. It's funny I don't remember ever seeing it before. I wonder if maybe she's not at my local store. I'll look 2morrow. I won't be spending too much on trinketts because I know this person is not looking to pay much at all. Holding firm on the $1.90 each for the Elmo cc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%