Low Budget Ices Chicago

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 8:54pm by Onome

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 2

Well, I guess you know I was layed off from work but making extra money during taxes. and teaching cake decorating classes for deaf students. Also, my husband got a job (yeah) temporary contract in the computer field and teaching yoga. Well, I am saving money to probably visit chicago. We plan a roadtrip visiting friends on our way to Chicago from New York. I probably will use the one day pass. Do you recommend going on a Saturday or Sunday? Is the $50 vendor one day pass good to also attend the cake gallery?

Also, I don't have to worry about accomodations I will be staying with friends and relative.

Maybe next year I will go in 2010 to attend the whole week ICES demo and hands on. Many of my cake friends will not go to chicago because of job cuts, company downsizing etc.

Well, If any cc members can give us tips or recommendations how to reduce our ICES budget it would help alot. For example, did you eat outside verses eating in the hotel, how many days did you stay at the ices convention. Is it worth it to stay on a Sunday or Saturday with a one day pass. Thank you.

1 reply
Onome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Onome Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 2

Sorry to hear that you got laid off. I hope that you get a job soon. I'm glad that you are doing something with you time. Good luck to you and I hope that you have a good time in Chicago. Btw when is the ICES convention taking place? Do they have a website?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%